News Article: NHL Super 16 Ranking: Leafs Not in Top 20

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Washington is 1-3 and their 11th..

Another stupid article.

Power rankings are supposed to be based on the teams record that particular week not where he thinks the teams should rank.

He talks about the Leafs draft record in our power rankings...what does our draft record from 15 years ago have anything to do with this season?

Then he says this for the Rangers:

What transpired at the Shark Tank was embarrassing, but the Rangers are one of two non-top seven teams to have beaten a top-seven team to this point and they did it on the road. That said, losing Rick Nash for an extended period could make this season-opening nine-game stretch away from home a disaster.

Rangers are one of two non-top seven teams to have beaten a top seven team.

Why is there an arbitrary top 7 cut off? The Senators are 8th and the Leafs have beaten them.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
Another stupid article.

Power rankings are supposed to be based on the teams record that particular week not where he thinks the teams should rank.

He talks about the Leafs draft record in our power rankings...what does our draft record from 15 years ago have anything to do with this season?

And then they get it wrong nonetheless. I may not have liked the guy, and he certainly isn't popular now, but I think Kaberle would have to count as a 'star' at some point. :shakehead

Mar 26, 2010
Lets face it guys, our Leafs are the NHL team that everyone loves to hate. All of our players are garbage, we are going no where.. blah blah

Always nice to prove the haters wrong.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Why is there an arbitrary top 7 cut off? The Senators are 8th and the Leafs have beaten them.

Because then they'd have to give the Leafs some credit.

I really don't understand the whole schpeel about the Leafs drafting. It's so irrelevant to the topic of power rankings.

Tyler Biggs*

T minus 5 games till Clarkson is in the lineup...if you hate the Leafs get ready to hate them even more...LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad