News Article: NHL Super 16 Ranking: Leafs Not in Top 20

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
They are first place in the league but appear to be a bottom 10 team?

I won't even bother with the fact that it is far too early in the season to post things like that.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Good. I hope Carlyle plasters this crap on the bulletin board in the Leafs locker room.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
What we "appear to be" is a 1st place team. What we actually are, is a middle of the pack team. Not bothered by these power rankings. They fluctuate on a daily basis.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
well, the 2-0 thing is completely irrelevant, but you'd have to think the Leafs are a really bad team to not even be one of the bunch of teams "tied" for 16th. which is pretty ridiculous IMO.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Am I the only one who thinks the leafs are a top 10 team? At least top 15?

We are a top 10 team easily. A lot of fans are afraid to admit it, nor can recognize it due to the awfulness of the past 10 years.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
This may be the first time I've seen a list like this stick it to the Leafs and other teams fans call it out.

Good sign

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
So we make the playoffs (top 16), have a pretty good pre-season, and win our first two in a back to back situation, but we dont rank. OK then.

WWB

Jun 30, 2010
Ontario
I find with the media that most are Leafs haters and are always wanting to stir up trouble for the most part. I think this leads to people always picking the Leafs to be a bad team, and also leads to people not wanting to be the guy who picks the Leafs to be any thing special.

I'm not going to predict great triumphs here, but this is a solid Leafs team, with good depth and not very many holes in their line up. For the first time in a long time there's the potential to fill those holes from with in the organization.

There is a good mix of high end skill, speed, grit, toughness, youth and character on this team to go with (IMO) good coaching, and what appears to be a pair of potential top end goalies. I'm excited for this season and I have a feeling this team is going to prove the Leafs hating media very wrong.

I say screw the media and Go Leafs Go!!!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Who cares? The league and media are always treating the Leafs like a bad team so just means they get to prove these guys wrong. Being underdogs isn't anything different from last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad