GDT: NHL Stadium Series - Toronto @ Washington - 8PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Doc sounds like Butthead right now... " Not just the American army but Canada too"

Stadium looks empty... pathetic display

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I mean more so how souless everything about it was. Maybe it was the lack of pre-game tv series, maybe it was just the way HNIC handled it. But that was just hard to watch.

i think it was because of the stadium size. its a very small stadium compared to the giant football stadiums they usually use

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Just wait until they see the field at West Point haha.

oh cool, its right on the water

Michie_Stadium_West.jpg

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
LOL at NBC for creating the Heidi game part 2 by cutting the game off before the end. Idiots.

XFL Game Intrusion on 'Saturday Night Live' Roils NBC Executives

Lorne Michaels, showrunner of SNL, got PISSED when the XFL overran JLo's episode of SNL in 2001. I think something more ironclad is in place now.

Normal regular-season hockey games that don't involve lengthy injury delays (maybe an average of 1 of those per season per team max, right?) rarely take more than 3 hours, even with OT and a normal-sized shootout. A delayed puckdrop for ceremony from :07 to :15 past the hour might cut in a little more, but still, they could speed the local news up.

Unfortunately, the lights went out. That specifically is unpredictable, but the idea that an outdoor game wouldn't have weather delays involves some questionable judgement at best. They likely planned to use NBCSN for overrun from the start if it was projected to delay news/SNL more than 5 minutes.

Not quite the Heidi game...the winning team didn't get changed, AND that game took place in the 60's, before cable and internet. The days of the 3 commercial networks...and that was pretty much IT besides a few local networks and PBS. Many have NBCSN, and/or internet platforms where they can catch the game. But it's still lame for them to pull the game.

Still, a simpler solution was possible: Schedule SNL for a rerun this week. Of course, they're chomping at the bit after being off for the Olympics. The other solution would be to reschedule the outdoor game for earlier in the season...because when you're heading into a playoff push, they're nothing like contending with a storm, right?

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Cheering for the Caps, as always (unless it's against the Oilers). Been my playoff team since I can remember. Hoping for an Ovi hatty to hit #600. On a side note, those Caps jerseys are gorgeous. I thought initially when they were unveiled that the large red hemstripe would be too jarring (it's thicker than the sleeve stripes) but it looks great for an outdoor game.
But, the 'caps' are almost as bad as the 'Bolts' Tampa jerseys. Oh well, it was better than the Leafs' uniforms.

The Laffs were an embarrassment on national TV again. Not in the game at all and wearing those bright white uniforms. All kinds of fans of various loyalties were mocking them.

Reactions: ujju2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad