GDT: NHL Stadium Series: Rangers Vs Islanders @ Metlife Stadium | 3PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Forgot about it and normally outdoor games aren't the best, but this looked like a good one that I missed.
Congrats, Ranger fans.
Same here, I'm hyper-critical of outdoor games but this one looked like a banger. I enjoyed the highlights. Wish the Islanders had better jerseys. If they put the 1996 Gorton's fisherman logo on these instead of "ISLES' those would have been sweet. They host the 2026 All-Star game, should be good. Their new arena looks nice

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
I'm busting your onions, but to be honest, I don't care about the jerseys. Makes zero difference to me.
Maybe I'm too harsh, I watch a lot of Football and Basketball so I picture what a new fan might see, and those jerseys look like minor league trash, and a game like the Stadium Series MUST attract new fans here or there, and those jerseys just look plain bad.

I'm complaining like a literal boomer.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This is kind of a sidebar, but one of the most infuriating things (for me) is when the refs have clearly put the whistle away and are letting things go, and then a puck is accidentally put over the glass and it's, 'oops, off to the box for 2 you go.' Like, call the actual infractions.

That's automatic, I believe. Refs can't use discretion on puck over glass infractions.

Section 104

Sep 12, 2021
Great entertainment.
Nice win Rangers. Undefeated in outdoors games!!
And they were the road team in all of them…such as when they ventured far to play Buffalo Sabres in their home stadium Citifield in Queens, NYC a few years ago. If the NHL isn’t lying, they had 150,000 plus for these two games. Heck, even if it’s ballot stuffing and only half of it , 75,000 would be more than any two games at any arena.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

No it's not brain surgery but did you actually believe the Rangers played clean in the last 4 minutes while the Isles got all those infractions.
The penalties they took were easy calls for the ref to make. You trip a player with almost all eyes on him. You hook a player curling near the blue line with all eyes on him. They were just too easy for the ref to have to make.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
And they were the road team in all of them…such as when they ventured far to play Buffalo Sabres in their home stadium Citifield in Queens, NYC a few years ago. If the NHL isn’t lying, they had 150,000 plus for these two games. Heck, even if it’s ballot stuffing and only half of it , 75,000 would be more than any two games at any arena.
I'm talking about the final score of the games they played, which dictates whether they won or lost. You know, the good old final score.
Not sure what you are talking about.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018

Because the Rangers org doesn't want to give up a game at MSG. they sell well at home. Unlike our competitors, who are more than happy to give up a home game.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yeah the "home team" shenanigans is stupid for MSG/Rangers games, but I guess legally "sound." It just gets silly sometimes, like with the Sabres game.

And they were the road team in all of them
It's a silly tax write-off legal BS thing with MSG. Rangers are forced to play all their home games at MSG, so any neutral site they have to be the away team.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
That's automatic, I believe. Refs can't use discretion on puck over glass infractions.
Yeah, that's kind of my point. It's such a bullshit cheezy penalty to begin with. Then you get refs letting hooks, stick work, grabbing, etc go, and then a puck goes over that glass and THATS the guy who gets a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad