GDT: NHL Stadium Series: Rangers Vs Islanders @ Metlife Stadium | 3PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Isles dominated 5vs5 but can’t blame the refs. Isles took dumb penalties and it killed them.
How many penalties should you ignore because it's end-of-game situation?

None. It's not brain surgery bro.
No it's not brain surgery but did you actually believe the Rangers played clean in the last 4 minutes while the Isles got all those infractions.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
And there was a blatant hook they let go early in the first period. Whatever.

So you're implying that was a make up call/a shitty call there. Missing a call in the 1st period should have literally 0 implications on a penalty call in the 3rd period.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas

They could have called two more penalties on the Isles after the Trocheck/Romanov scrum, too (any one of the three cross checks that Romanov threw to START the scrum, and then Palmieri for 3rd man in).

Reactions: tlk

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yep.
But the three penalties in a row to the leading team is predictable.
You could watch 100 games and you would never see the team UP by 3 get three straight powerplays.
A pattern you can bet on.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Yep.
But the three penalties in a row to the leading team is predictable.
You could watch 100 games and you would never see the team UP by 3 get three straight powerplays.
A pattern you can bet on.
This is kind of a sidebar, but one of the most infuriating things (for me) is when the refs have clearly put the whistle away and are letting things go, and then a puck is accidentally put over the glass and it's, 'oops, off to the box for 2 you go.' Like, call the actual infractions.

Reactions: PaulD

BalButtercluck

Nov 22, 2017
Long Island
Pretty ugly loss for NYI
As a pretty pissed off Islander fan right now. I would say thats the worst loss the team has had in 10 years. Easily. And thats counting our playoff losses.

I am so disgusted by that team right now I can't even explain it with words from the english language.

If they trade there 1st rounder this year for help thinking it will do them any good, I might just take a few years off of watching them.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Forgot about it and normally outdoor games aren't the best, but this looked like a good one that I missed.
Congrats, Ranger fans.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Fun game to watch. Big fight early. Lots of goals. OT to decide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad