Confirmed with Link: NHL season officially postponed due to COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
With the virus only getting worse it's only a matter of time before the season is suspended. And once it's suspended it won't be picking back up until the virus subsides. And that isn't happening in the foreseeable future. So really don't know what the hecks gonna happen lol

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Flu - 30000 vs Coronavirus - 4600

This is a misinformed. The corona virus has existed for about 4 months. This has the potential to be 10x-15x more deadly than the worst flu season. Theres so many infected people that havent even been tested yet. When china comes out of their lockdown, it will re-spread. Wouldnt be surprised to see millions infected by the end of the year.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I don't think they will have to go by points percentage. There's no way they shorten the regular season at this point, there would be no competitive balance. Non playoff teams depend on that regular season revenue to pay the players. They would have to prorate everyone's contract. It would be a logistical nightmare.

If anything gets shortened, it will be round length in the playoffs. If it gets real bad, they may only have time for best of 3. They must get the playoffs done by Thursday June 25th, or absolute latest June 30th and postpone the draft. That would suck for teams that like to trade negotiating rights.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Missing the playoffs by 1 point because of a pandemic is so Canuck.

missing the playoffs because we collapsed over the last month.
We will miss the playoffs because the exalted one built a paper thin house of cards team that cannot withstand even the most gentle gusts of wind without collapsing.

No adversity, no problem!

Reactions: I am toxic

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
This is a misinformed. The corona virus has existed for about 4 months. This has the potential to be 10x-15x more deadly than the worst flu season. Theres so many infected people that havent even been tested yet. When china comes out of their lockdown, it will re-spread. Wouldnt be surprised to see millions infected by the end of the year.
Yeah I don't think so Tim

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Hearing rumblings of a shortened regular season (72 games? 75?) and indefinite break before playoffs begin. Announcement will be interesting.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
72 games would be a good and reasonable option. The best option imo.
Few weeks break and then resume with playoffs.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
I’m thinking around 1-2 months for adequate containment and precautionary measures to be put in place allowing arenas to open up again, what about you?

2 months is probably best case with China-like quarantine measures, which we all know isn't going to happen. The US in particular is extremely poorly poised to handle an outbreak like this between their work culture and healthcare system. It's hard to say for sure what's going to happen, but we should be looking at places like Italy as a realistic scenario for what might happen in most of the west (discounting how old the population of Italy is)

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Flu - 30000 vs Coronavirus - 4600

Idiot. Jeesus f***in christ.

My favorite part about going into any new thread/conversation about Covid is seeing someone comparing it to seasonal influenza. Never fails

Yeah... People should not feel the need to form an opinion on every thing.

we lost a 1st round pick for toffoli?
man some of you team tank guy are well informed

BOOM! You are on fire bro!

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
is there a way to to see who would benefit the most from instantly cutting the schedule to 72 games? Vancouver currently isn’t in a playoff spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad