Confirmed with Link: NHL season officially postponed due to COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
There are a couple of hard time limits here, July 1st and the draft. The Stanley Cup playoffs can't drag on past July 1st because of free agency. The players contracts would expire during the playoffs and they would have no insurance. Having them go past the draft on June 25th would be undesirable because then the teams can't make trades with playoff freeze in effect.

I think shortening to best of 5's might be the way to go if it's just a short interruption. There's no way they shave regular season games IMO, the non-playoff teams need that revenue. It's money that's already spent.

If it goes longer, they have to cancel the season. In that event, I think the draft lottery should be even odds with all 31 teams in it (Sorry Detroit and LA) since there is no playoffs to reward the teams that didn't stink.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Looks like we have the tie break over the preds?

Attachments

• D7DA19B5-E2E2-42C3-AB89-F7F569CA8BDD.png
    D7DA19B5-E2E2-42C3-AB89-F7F569CA8BDD.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 5

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Looks like we have the tie break over the preds?
It SHOULD go by points %, which in that case the Canucks will for sure be in the playoffs.

Doesn't feel right giving a team that's played 71 games a playoff spot over a team that's only played 69.

SurferBroChad

Dec 17, 2018
Victoria BC
It SHOULD go by points %, which in that case the Canucks will for sure be in the playoffs.

Doesn't feel right giving a team that's played 71 games a playoff spot over a team that's only played 69.
yeah if they do cut off the season they better base it off points %. the jets have 2 games in hand on the canucks. i know some pessimistic people here dont care and already are bringing their tank mentality to this thread but thats just lame regardless of your stance on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad