SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
didnt think it was amazing. enjoyed 24/7 ALOT more

but its way more teams so hey

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
With Lou around? lol, good luck with that.

Dear Lou,

There is something called 'marketing' in which you draw your audience in with team interest stories as opposed to keeping the lockerroom locked down like Langley. Secondly, any publicity is good publicity. Thirdly, this is one of the primary reasons why your fan base won't grow & the organization is viewed like the Eastern Bloc by the NHL media & rest of the league.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Dear Lou,

There is something called 'marketing' in which you draw your audience in with team interest stories as opposed to keeping the lockerroom locked down like Langley. Secondly, any publicity is good publicity. Thirdly, this is one of the primary reasons why your fan base won't grow & the organization is viewed like the Eastern Bloc by the NHL media & rest of the league.

1) Marketing and being on TV aren't the same thing. The marketing of this team is, well, at least 1000% better than it was over the last 2-4 years compared to ever before.

2) Any publicity is good? Like Kovalchuk leaving right after Parise? Like Marty saying he might play elsewhere next year? Really dude? Like all the ownership problems?

3) The fan base is growing every year, actually. More people go to games, spend money on branded merchandise, etc.

Why do 'hardcore' Devils refuse to acknowledge there are some good things happening here?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
1) Marketing and being on TV aren't the same thing. The marketing of this team is, well, at least 1000% better than it was over the last 2-4 years compared to ever before.

2) Any publicity is good? Like Kovalchuk leaving right after Parise? Like Marty saying he might play elsewhere next year? Really dude? Like all the ownership problems?

3) The fan base is growing every year, actually. More people go to games, spend money on branded merchandise, etc.

Why do 'hardcore' Devils refuse to acknowledge there are some good things happening here?

Because most of these guys want good things to happen their way.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
To further my point, we want goal scoring. We get goal scoring and I guarantee you this board will go

But I wanted Kane instead of ...... whoever we got

Soo things go well, but it isnt good enough because it isnt what we wanted

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Some amount of privacy for these guys isn't a bad thing either. Problem is the Devils suffer in comparison to these other teams having their own reality shows and being more of an open book. So naturally the more that happens the more people complain about the Devils not doing similar things.

My main problem with the show was the format itself and not being clear over what it was. I seriously thought each show was going to spotlight one player. I actually did like the Marty segment (aside from the obligatory reference of '94 but not '12). It's comical people complain about the lack of access when there were some nice Marty family moments.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005

Marketing has improved but they need to drop the iron curtain. These aren't issues of national security. Viable organizations promote their players and in turn reap the benefits of these connections longterm. Secondly, they are operating in a economic climate in which the entertainment dollar is being fought for fiercely. There are a myriad of options available to the consumer.

You always want to be relevant as an organization, good or bad.

3) The fan base is growing every year, actually. More people go to games,
spend money on branded merchandise, etc.

which explains why they are 27th in NHL attendance, despite playing in a state-of-the-art facility?

In Lou land, a section of the fan base has been hypnotized into thinking that everything is being run to perfection when that's not the case. Some objectivity would be welcome from the organization as opposed to the status quo slop we are served. Be straight with us. In a fiduciary agreement, both sides lay their cards on the table. Your fanbase aren't 8 year olds suffering from lead paint poisoning.

Last edited:

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
Was able to find the Marty segment, enjoy guys and gals.

I wasnt able to catch Marty's segment on TV and my DVR didnt record the whole thing because it started late, I thought it was awesome, not sure what people here are complaing about....next episode should be good because Im sure they will cover the games this weekend....I want this game Sunday BADLY ! thanks again !

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
******* do people complain on here too much. The Marty bit was really nice. Much better than some of the other bits I watched. And who cares if they played the 94 ECF. Are people so insecure about it, that it bothers them that much? It's basically what made the rivalry into what it is today, and that's definitely significant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad