Rumor: NHL Players in Arizona Possibly Testing Positive for Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Seems he'd be hinting at Matthews, but has this guy ever broken anything.
That is why I say for what it's worth. Just interesting as there has been no news of Matthews/Andersen recently, and they are not in Toronto.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
That is why I say for what it's worth. Just interesting as there has been no news of Matthews/Andersen recently, and they are not in Toronto.
and cases are spiking there. But, it's going to take a lot more than some guy with a podcast and 3,000 twitter followers to believe it has any substance.

Edit: I guess he's a former NoDak guy. But even then I'm highly skeptical. It is probably Biznasty.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
and cases are spiking there. But, it's going to take a lot more than some guy with a podcast and 3,000 twitter followers to believe it has any substance.

Edit: I guess he's a former NoDak guy. But even then I'm highly skeptical. It is probably Biznasty.
Who knows really, but it could explain why no Freddie/Auston yet. They should have been back already so they could complete the 14-day quarantine period. Otherwise it pushes their availability back until July.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Who knows really, but it could explain why no Freddie/Auston yet. They should have been back already so they could complete the 14-day quarantine period. Otherwise it pushes their availability back until July.
They aren't there because they are not allowed to cross the border due to travel bans.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Might not be that bad if it means they have next to no risk of becoming infected during the playoffs.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I was in Scottsdale just as the whole pandemic thing came down and NYC and other north eastern cities were going into total lockdown so I went home to be near family. I told my friends who I was visiting that the governor of AZ should shut down the borders to non-residents because at the time there were almost zero cases there. I was right - rich people from NYC, Chicago and other big cities fled for winter homes and vacation rentals in AZ and Florida. And brought the virus with them.

My 88 year old uncle winters there and came home in a full hazmat suit. At 88 and the hysteria at the time he wasn't taking any chances.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

There has already been articles as to why Matthews/Freddy haven't returned yet since they were already skating/training in Arizona and no need to leave to sit 14 days in Quarantine in Toronto when restrictions are presumed to be easing soon (when it comes to Quarantine time).

Reactions: Rob Brown

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Why would this be huge? Training camp is still weeks away, and elite professional athletes in their twenties are as low-risk as it gets.
Recovery is different for everyone.
COVID-19 Complications

It can take time to feel better after you have pneumonia. You may feel more tired than usual for a while. You might also find that you can’t exercise like you used to.

Some people had a cough even after they recovered from COVID-19. Others had scarring in their lungs. Doctors are still studying whether these effects are permanent or might heal over time.

Reactions: OddyOh

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Whoever it is, are they even sick or feeling anything more than mild symptoms? Likely they were tested to travel and were positive.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
College teammate of Jonathan Toews, T.J. Oshie, Travis Zajac plus numerous other more marginal players who have played in the NHL.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
A lot of NHL guys spend the off-season in Arizona. Based on the innocuous nature of the virus to the young and healthy, I bet that none of these players even knew they were sick while testing positive.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
They were specifically not coming back to Toronto to avoid the quarantine period until it is lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad