NHL players handedness

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I'm a right handed American that shoots left, but I golf right. I grew up playing other sports right handed but felt most comfortable playing hockey left handed. When I started to learn golf in my early teens I toyed around with both and my dad stepped in and forced me to learn right and it stuck. I just like having my dominant hand holding the stick as all times. With golf I feel I get the most power right handed with my right hand lower, but with hockey I get awesome power left handed but am still strong on my stick in all situations, especially pokechecking opponents.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I'm left everything. When I first started playing as a kid I actually played right handed but never liked it, so after a couple years I switched and started shooting left. Perhaps I would have been better staying on the right side, but shooting left seemed more comfortable, as I struggled to shoot at all playing right.

I think that I'm so heavily one handed (is that even a real term???) that I'm screwed either way. For example I played soccer as well when I was younger, and I would just NEVER let the ball touch my right foot, I would look like a ballerina spinning around to get the touch with my left.

Last edited:
Reactions: HoBOonFiRE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad