WC: NHL players confirmed to play at 2013 WC

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
Confirmed now, Gaborik will play for Slovakia :handclap:

Kopecky has some injury but said he would come if it doesn't require a surgery. He will know on Monday.

Tatar definitely won't come as Detroit wants to call him up for playoffs.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Pekka Rinne declined invitation so our goalies will be Antti Raanta and Joni Ortio.

Lauri Korpikoski will come if he passes medical test.
-------
Lauri Korpikoski - Petri Kontiola - Juhamatti Aaltonen
Sakari Salminen - Ville Viitaluoma - Oskar Osala
Janne Pesonen - J-P Hytönen - J-P Haataja
V-M Savinainen - Jarno Koskiranta - Marko Anttila

Juuso Hietanen - Lasse Kukkonen
Janne Jalasvaara - Mikko Mäenpää
Tuukka Mäntylä - Ossi Väänänen
Ville Lajunen - Teemu Laakso

Slightly OT but just wanted to know are you guys afraid?

Hagman is a lock to the team, imo.

But the team looks terrible. So many declines.. I mean damn, it's the last ****ing WHC before the Olympics!

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Czech republic: Z. Michalek, Hanzal, Vrbata confirmed they want to go so they should be added, Hudler is okay (no injury) and I suppose he is ready to go. We will know more about Cervenka later today. Probably after game vs Russia.

Canada added to their roster: Robidas, Dillon, Justin Schultz and TJ Brodie.

// + Ladd and goalies Mike Smith and Garnett.

Last edited:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Are M.Koivu and Granlund going if Minnesota doesn't make the play offs?

Edit: Ok, I guess it doesn't matter now :D
But what about Ruutu, Lehtonen or Leino. No words on them? Won't they participate?

Ruutu and Leino are having surgery on their injuries. I don't know if they even asked Lehtonen after what happened last year... It will be interesting to see if they save M. Koivu a spot in case the Wild are eliminated fast.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Ruutu and Leino are having surgery on their injuries. I don't know if they even asked Lehtonen after what happened last year... It will be interesting to see if they save M. Koivu a spot in case the Wild are eliminated fast.

Oh that's too sad.. I really feel for you guys but still, you never know, you can surprise, maybe like we did in 2010. You always have competitive team.
Btw. What was with Lehtonen last year?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Pekka Rinne declined invitation so our goalies will be Antti Raanta and Joni Ortio.

Lauri Korpikoski will come if he passes medical test.
-------
Lauri Korpikoski - Petri Kontiola - Juhamatti Aaltonen
Sakari Salminen - Ville Viitaluoma - Oskar Osala
Janne Pesonen - J-P Hytönen - J-P Haataja
V-M Savinainen - Jarno Koskiranta - Marko Anttila

Juuso Hietanen - Lasse Kukkonen
Janne Jalasvaara - Mikko Mäenpää
Tuukka Mäntylä - Ossi Väänänen
Ville Lajunen - Teemu Laakso

Slightly OT but just wanted to know are you guys afraid?

Is that D Lajunen going to be on team? Take anyone from our 4th tier league and he's probably better than Lajunen. What a horrible player in the EHT..

What a horrible team. Well, its High end team in terms of players who play in europe, but there's only that much they can do if it hasn't a world-class sharp tip of the blade. The team already looks horrible in the EHT, how are they going to change the dircetion when there is week to the championships.. I think getting into top 7 is the main goal for the team, but of course anything can happen if they can find teamplaying somehow.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Oh man, when was the last time Finland had no NHL-players in roster :laugh:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Oh man, when was the last time Finland had no NHL-players in roster :laugh:

Are we gonna have tough time beating denmark swiss ect? I hope guys prove that when it matters they are still better than tem by landmile, and that they are elipe european leaguers...

Im OK with anything but dropping to B-pool world championships. With perfect succes they could play in the medal rounds I think.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Concerning the Blue Jackets...

Cam Atkinson (high-ankle sprain), Brandon Dubinsky (sprained knee), Tim Erixon (ankle bursa sac), Jack Johnson (strained sternoclavicular joint, groin sprain), Nikita Nikitin (right foot or ankle, but all-over bruises) are all unable to represent their countries in the upcoming IIHF World Championships, May 3-19 in Stockholm and Helsinki.

To this date, the Blue Jackets will have three players, all Russians, playin the Worlds: goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky, defenseman Fedor Tyutin and center Artem Anisimov.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2013/04/the-morning-after.html

Nothing about Gaborik was said. Not sure what that means, saw in a post above that someone said he was going, but I can't confirm or deny that.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Looking at the confirmed NHLers, Voracek and/or Hudler might be playing center.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Oh that's too sad.. I really feel for you guys but still, you never know, you can surprise, maybe like we did in 2010. You always have competitive team.
Btw. What was with Lehtonen last year?

Last year Lehtonen broke down in the first game against the USA. You can't blame him for the loss because most of the team played like crap, but Lehtonen was bad too. He left the game after allegedly sustaining an injury after Bobby Ryan collided into him. Some people who are close to the team have since claimed or at least hinted that he wasn't really injured but had a mental breakdown. Whether he had a physical injury or not, the tournament ended very badly for him last year.

Apparently they have asked him to join the team again this year, but so far he hasn't said yes or no. Personally I doubt he's coming, but we should know soon for sure.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
I apologize for false info on Gaborik. First the media wrote that he would come but a couple of hours later they said that Columbus won't let him due to groin injury. So only Sekera and Kopecky for Slovakia.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Looking at the confirmed NHLers, Voracek and/or Hudler might be playing center.

no they wont Hanzal/Hertl/Novotny/Koukal/Vrana will play center, one of Fleischmann/Tlusty/Kovar if they need to.

Any idea of the who will fill the remaining 3 roster spots on team canada?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Denmark will have to fight to stay up..

Only NHL players confirmed for Denmark are:

Mikkel Boedker - Phoenix Coyotes
Philip Larsen - Dallas Stars
Oliver Lauridsen - Philedelphia Flyers

Wont be playing due to PO

Lars Eller - Montreal Canadiens
Peter Regin - Ottawa Senators (Wont be using him, could send him to get some confidence imo)
Frans Nielsen - New York Islanders (most important player for Denmark)
Jannik Hansen - Vancouver Canucks.

Called up from the AHL to join PO:
Frederik Andersen - Norfolk Admirals -> Anaheim Ducks (Will be missed ALLOT)
Nicklas Jensen - Chicago Wolves -> Vancouver Canucks

Confirmed from the AHL:

Markus Lauridsen - Lake Erie

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
This is great news! He looks really good in AHL and has potential to make it to the NHL in years to come. I hope he makes the team, would be great to see him there.

Noebels did make the cut and will be playing for Germany at the WC.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Noebels did make the cut and will be playing for Germany at the WC.
Great opportunity and experience for him, I will take a look at him for sure.

I think David Moss (Phoenix) confirmed to join USA team.
You can also add Jiri Tlusty - Czech rep.

//By the way, you have in the list for team Canada a player named Cal O'Reilly but it is Ryan O'Reilly. I think Cal is his brother that is playing in Russia, KHL.

//Ryan Carter and Stephen Gionta (both NJD) added to USA team.

Last edited:

Antonglk

Dec 28, 2012
Moscow, Russia
Just heard the news that Bryz will be #1 goalie for team Russia. #2 will be Bob or Varly. That's something I don't understand. How Bryz can be #1 with all that effort he made this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad