Confirmed with Link: NHL pauses 2019-20 season II - MOD WARNING IN POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
If we were to be quarantined,it would be a good chance to clean out my freezer ,I’m sure we could live on what is in there for weeks.
Our freezers are both well stocked, too. As I said, I will use anything I am stocking up on, so it's no biggy having extra on hand. I keep telling people- focus on keeping protein items in the house to keep you going. We have plenty of meat and frozen veggies, too, as well as canned veggies. Worse comes to worse, we're good for at least a month.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I did speak to a bud of mine that is a therapist and he said "The buying of TP MAKES people feel that they are in control of some issue they feel no control in". Makes a bit of sense I guess...:skeptic:
I admit it - I panic bought TP and bottled water.

Not because I'm especially terrified of being quarantined or anything like that, but more because so many people are buying it that I'm concerned about shortages, and I don't want to be left without if we have to go a few weeks with no TP on the store shelves.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Interesting...Were all wondering about that...They say you shouldn't be in places with over 200 people...yet the warehouse easily has that on every shift....with hundreds touching everything, boxes being handled by god knows how many people and coming from god knows where with god knows what inside them..I'd be shocked to see Amazon seize operations but they may not have a choice..I just wanna get paid, I can't afford to be outta work for 2-3 weeks or so. No idea how this plays out, just have to take it day by day. As of now they keep sending out extra hours and overtime and let us work 20 hours more a week, and just tell us to wash our hands and not to touch others....DUH! But the toilet paper thing, I just don't get...also they keep trying to put out hand sanitizer but people keep stealing it.
Well, I placed an order today for one item, so you'll have something to do tomorrow... :D

But it wasn't toilet paper. lol

Reactions: Alicat

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
Our freezers are both well stocked, too. As I said, I will use anything I am stocking up on, so it's no biggy having extra on hand. I keep telling people- focus on keeping protein items in the house to keep you going. We have plenty of meat and frozen veggies, too, as well as canned veggies. Worse comes to worse, we're good for at least a month.
So nice to read! You reminded me of peanut butter in an earlier post! One of my absolute favs but totally missed it in the scramble! haha, thanks!

Reactions: Lady Rhian

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
I admit it - I panic bought TP and bottled water.

Not because I'm especially terrified of being quarantined or anything like that, but more because so many people are buying it that I'm concerned about shortages, and I don't want to be left without if we have to go a few weeks with no TP on the store shelves.
I get that, And I think it and social media is why it went crazy! BTW, since my last post I'm down to one roll...(whatever that means)

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

100%. I stalked up on meat, fish , dry and canned goods today big time. I think protein is the most important one to stalk up on because the longer you wait the higher the possibility that the person who handled your meat/fish was/is sick as the virus spreads. TP, I can figure out a way but steak not as easy.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
So nice to read! You reminded me of peanut butter in an earlier post! One of my absolute favs but totally missed it in the scramble! haha, thanks!
You're welcome. It's always smart to have stuff like this on hand anyway, especially during power outages due to storms, etc. We always have an extra canister of propane for our grill and have a generator so we can make coffee and have a couple of lights on during winter or tropical storm and hurricane seasons. Camping stove, too, with small gas cans.

Protein people- forget toilet paper- so long as you have two or three pkgs on hand, focus on food items that will keep you and your loved ones going until this is over. Even if you don't use it now, you can later on, so it's not a waste at all.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
100%. I stalked up on meat, fish , dry and canned goods today big time. I think protein is the most important one to stalk up on because the longer you wait the higher the possibility that the person who handled your meat/fish was/is sick as the virus spreads. TP, I can figure out a way but steak not as easy.
Amen and right on, my friend! I am going to send some down to my daughter. She's a college student working full time, and I know she's a big girl, but you know........Moms like me just can't help but make sure their darlings are well stocked, especially where she lives so far away.

I myself have allergies to most fin fish and some shellfish, but do have cans of fish and sardines as hubby and son love them and take them for snacks to work. We're on the same page about all of this and I hope others do the same. Just want to make sure everyone stays as healthy as possible. You are so right about the canned proteins- fish, meats, peanut butter- right now, probably not a good idea to purchase any seafoods or meats or deli items until this is over, bakery items as well. Thankfully, I have plenty of flour in the house and yeast for the bread lovers, haha. Heck, add beef jerky to the list. Peanuts and nuts and seeds.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Yeah, I must admit, I have stacked up on protein shakes. I could probably survive 6 weeks on what I have in my house now. I just don't love defrosting frozen meat and cooking it.

I'm good on TP, I'm a single man who lives alone, I bought a couple of the 12 roll packs a month or two ago, i'm good til late spring

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Special cookie delivery for all the mods, @Fenway @Gee Wally @TP @Mr. Make-Believe and all the others I'm forgetting, this was a crazy day in real life, thanks for taking care of the craziness on this board :)

Triple-Chocolate-Cookies-SpendWithPennies-21-500x500.jpg
Peanut-Butter-Cookies-3.jpg
Giant-Chewy-MM-Cookies-4-500x500.jpg

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I have no cookies but thanks to you "and many others here" for the twitter posts today that kept us untweeters(huh) informed!
You're welcome, from all of us, uh, Twits? :laugh: There are others that post a lot more and better info than me, I'm just here for the cookies. And the hockey. When there's hockey. :(

Reactions: blazenlo

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
First case in Maine today..."the woman had recently been to a country where the virus is widespread".
Shocking! How are we to stop this madness! Its like a puzzle!:sarcasm:

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
If you find yourself with too much time with no hockey, work, quarantined...
dust off a few of those big books you thought you'd read one day - Moby Dick, The Brothers Karamazov, Gravity's Rainbow, The Recognitions, Ulysses, Infinite Jest, Light In August, The Castle, etc. - they'll take up those hockey hours.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
dust off a few of those big books you thought you'd read one day - Moby Dick, The Brothers Karamazov, Gravity's Rainbow, The Recognitions, Ulysses, Infinite Jest, Light In August, The Castle, etc. - they'll take up those hockey hours.
The Stand.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

The Shining - MUCH better than the movie and the only book I’ve ever read that made me have trouble sleeping.

Black Hawk Down - Another book better than its movie. Author Michael Bowden tells the story of the Battle of Mogadishu through firsthand accounts from members of the Army Rangers; the “Night Stalkers;” Delta Force; and Somali combatants. It’s required reading for cadets at West Point, and I think every American should read this, too.
The TRUE story of what really happened told by the men - on both sides - who fought tooth and nail for two horrifying days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad