NHL News/Notes XIX

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Feel bad for Coyote fans but would absolutely love to get to go actual NHL games in Salt Lake and catch at least one Sharks game a year too. Too bad they'd be a central team

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
If Arizona moves, i think it would be badass to call the new team the Utah Funk and theme the whole in-game experience around funk.

SLC Wolfmen would be my second choice, 10k internet points to anyone who knows why

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Per BOH thread, the sale is for the hockey ops folks to relocate to Utah. NOT the business folks. And AHL franchise not included in deal. Smith will have to negotiate affiliate deal.

• Wow

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Something about his playstyle is so jarring to watch. He's like a homeless MacKinnon or a sexy Alex Chiasson.

Positive: Big + can skate 100 mph and blow past players in the neutral zone

Negative: Minimal nuance to his game. Loves to fling low percentage shots on net. Way too tunnel visioned / hockey sense question marks.

Perreault and Smith consistently impressed me more.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
So what, the Salty Dawgs?

Haha. I want to believe Randy Hahn, famous for calling the Yotes the "Desert Dogs," is telling everyone he knows, including the league and the new owner that the name should be...

The Deseret Dogs. :laugh: (I'm LOLing but I actually think I'm pretty clever on this. I'm sure a million people will tell me it's dumb, but that's ok, I know Randy Hahn won't lol.)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad