NHL News/Notes XIX

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Broken leg is usually 6-8 weeks? But given this is second injury on leg, I can understand they are reluctant to estimate return. Could be back before season end.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Deliberately being vague about an injury timeline to take advantage of LTIR cap space? Doesn't sound like Tampa at all.
I mean the playoffs are in 2 months so if the injury is remotely close to what they say then it's really not that vague.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

6+ game suspension length possible

Stupid hockey fans: "the code is here to stop people from taking liberties and engaging in dirty cheap shots by allowing players to police the game with honor and respect."

Also stupid hockey fans: "oh my god that guy did something kind of showy and I'm enough of a snowflake to be personally offended by it! He deserves to be crippled for life by a stick to the head and the player that does it is a hero according to the code!"

Also the number of former players who are standing up for that nonsense is baffling. Like... they realize you can be against Greig showboating a little without accepting that "cross-check to the face" is an acceptable retaliatory strike, right? Even Jen Botterill, who earned a bunch of fans for that HNIC segment a few weeks ago where she stood up against some of the old guard caveman mentality over enforcers or whatever was basically saying Greig deserved it and should've expected to get waylaid. The heck is wrong with people?

Reactions: Pavelski2112

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes