NHL Mid-Week with Illegal Curve

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
drew-at-the-mic-may3-610x290-300x142.jpg

Just wanted to let you guys know that we chatted with Jarmo Kekalainen and Jody Shelley in the first 30 minutes of tonight's show on TSN 1290 Winnipeg.

For those interested you can hear the replay here.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Did Richards give any indication as to why Boll isn't playing anymore? I think he is making a mistake in taking him out of the lineup.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Did Richards give any indication as to why Boll isn't playing anymore? I think he is making a mistake in taking him out of the lineup.

He's got 2 assists in 43 games.

He's a -10 playing 7 minutes per game. Putting that in perspective, if he were playing first line minutes (18 or so), he'd be -26....on pace for an ~ -50 season.

His intimidation factor isn't much.

So, he can't score, he's a major league defensive liability, and he's not an intimidating presence. Oh, and he takes lots of really stupid penalties. He brings nothing to the table.

Like Umberger last year, Boll only dressed as much as he has in an attempt to justify his horrific contract. I wouldn't be surprised if the FO had voiced a preference for having Boll in the lineup to HCTR.

If this team wasn't a flash in the pan last season and injuries don't decimate the roster again, then Boll won't dress for 40 games in either of the final two years of his bloated, awful contract.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Boll isn't even our best fighter, and is a major liability in every other way. There are zero good arguments in favor of him playing in the NHL.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Heck of a contract negotiation for JK when he had Boo in the room !!!!

How for the love of Gordie Howe could he have given that ridiculous contract to Boll?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad