NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE EIGHT! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So there's still hope. Excellent!
3x

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That will be true for me half the time because I follow Pancing Danther. I'm going to have to give Cap my cell so he can text me when it's finally my turn to pick.

And the response I'll send every time is:
SpitefulUnripeGoldenretriever-size_restricted.gif

Picking next to DP was the time of my life (behind Bern). Risqué private messages. And he never picks early morning, so I don’t have to worry about that. Time to think and ruminate. And did I mention the risqué private messages?

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
We usually pick players relatively early, but with us having the third pick this time around, we have to use it on some of the real important stuff. And this one is hard, because there have been many well loved dogs and cats, of many different breeds, over the years. We'll just say right here that if this was added to several phases, we would not be opposed. We could take five or six breeds with us and still want for more. But for this time, we're going to go with the first pet we had that was a true "breed." Goofy, loveable, sometimes insane, but usually just content to sit on the couch with you.

0228151552.jpg

Team Dog Breed: Great Dane

I still miss this guy.

@Lord Defect

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
We usually pick players relatively early, but with us having the third pick this time around, we have to use it on some of the real important stuff. And this one is hard, because there have been many well loved dogs and cats, of many different breeds, over the years. We'll just say right here that if this was added to several phases, we would not be opposed. We could take five or six breeds with us and still want for more. But for this time, we're going to go with the first pet we had that was a true "breed." Goofy, loveable, sometimes insane, but usually just content to sit on the couch with you.

View attachment 429900

Team Dog Breed: Great Dane

I still miss this guy.

@Lord Defect
Scooby :)

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
If we have to chose a song owned by an evil corporation, we’re choosing one of the best.

Further stipulation behind the song, the actual version will only be played at the Rogers Place Arena.
This cover will be played at all other arenas,
minus our own.

We will not be using the song for any promotional, off ice, or at home on ice use.
From the kindness of our hearts, we are sparing the other teams in the league from paying the full master use fee, and allowing them to secure the rights of the cover above.
You’re welcome.

@Captain tiger pants, you’re up

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
If we have to chose a song owned by an evil corporation, we’re choosing one of the best.

Further stipulation behind the song, the actual version will only be played at the Rogers Place Arena.
This cover will be played at all other arenas,
minus our own.

We will not be using the song for any promotional, off ice, or at home on ice use.
From the kindness of our hearts, we are sparing the other teams in the league from paying the full master use fee, and allowing them to secure the rights of the cover above.
You’re welcome.

@Captain tiger pants, you’re up

I've never gotten the popularity of this song - it's not particularly catchy or interesting to my ears, but my own children, particularly the teenager, love the damn thing.

Speaking of a child's love of strange entertainment, we redid the tween's bedroom and per his request now have two canvas prints of that weird volleyball anime that @Captain Dave Poulin and @Striiker enjoy so much on the way. I'm getting really concerned about how that one is going to turn out.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I've never gotten the popularity of this song - it's not particularly catchy or interesting to my ears, but my own children, particularly the teenager, love the damn thing.

Speaking of a child's love of strange entertainment, we redid the tween's bedroom and per his request now have two canvas prints of that weird volleyball anime that @Captain Dave Poulin and @Striiker enjoy so much on the way. I'm getting really concerned about how that one is going to turn out.
My wife mentioned the song the second I got the category out of my mouth. It’s been running through my head the entire time since. It’s a goddamn ear worm.

Our fans at away arenas can also replace “the Huns” by inserting the home teams name when they shout “Let’s get down to business!”

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
My wife mentioned the song the second I got the category out of my mouth. It’s been running through my head the entire time since. It’s a goddamn ear worm.

It’s my daughter’s favorite Disney song, her friends’ as well, and she sings it frequently. Like, I get serenaded with it at least a couple of times a month.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

I consider this true for most showtunes.

I think it's just my music preferences that make me say that. I'm not saying showtunes are musically bad or boring or anything like that. They're not. And to boot the vocals are tremendously performed and the music is excellently produced.

I've concluded the very nature of showtunes (including Broadway etc) annoy me. I've never gotten into them. It's the lyrics. They're so bland and boring and not creative just as a consequence of being a showtune. Singing a script isn't what I want to listen to and many times I can't escape that eyeroll feeling.

Now don't get me wrong there are some absolutely legendary showtunes that I really enjoy, many of which will crop up in this thread- I'm just making a general point about one of my unpopular opinions. I also just woke up so I'm having trouble articulating this

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning, knob and tube wireless receivers.

vpCOdCx.png

We start the day with me on the clock - my pick is ready of course, and will be pooped out in a minute. @Strawberry Fields will then be up, with @FlyTimmo on deck, @JojoTheWhale on the lido deck, and @Striiker on the lido afterdeck.

I've never heard of that song that Earl Dumbass posted above, but you know how I have been saying recently that every single commercial on TV is super terrible? Last night I was rescued when they played one from the Before Time. Here's how it goes.

Interior, Airplane, Daytime.

Several stewardesses and a steward holding a bottle of pink liquid on a tray line up several feet in front of an uncomfortable passenger in her seat. She is clearly suffering from some internal unrest in her bowels. The crew sings.

(IN CHORUS)

"When you have upset stomach
Indigestion
Upset stomach ... "

The steward moves forward, bending to end on one knee in front of the passenger, holds forth the tray which holds the pink bottle, and croons solo:

"DIARRHEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The amount of sheer, sincere joy I get from this commercial is immeasurable, and I don't think it's because I'm childish, but it may be because I'm childish. Speaking of sincere joy, we are bullshitless until Friday. Not only that - we have only three more bullshits to endure before the bliss erupts from the chasm of sorrows that is the 2020-21 Philadelphia Stupids Season. Embrace that, let it infuse your bowels, and use it to propel you toward the Try Hard Garbage shop for some impulse buying. I'm a businessman.

"DIARRHEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I haven't added them to the shop yet, but I have some "Haikyuu!" designs that I will add so you can buy each of your children several shirts, shower curtains, notebooks, sweatshirts, comforters, clocks, and acrylic blocks. I'll tell you when they are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad