NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – SUPER PEJORATIVE BEDARDED PHASE TWENTY-SIX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I saw a highlight of Brandon Miller this morning. Didn't he kill a guy?

cFAsfys.gif

We start the day with @Strawberry Fields on the clock, @ajgoal on deck, @Striiker on the lido deck, and my brother on the lido afterdeck. Magua can make his pick when he figures out what he wants.

I don't want to see these jerkoffs come out tonight and act like it's a big deal to play the "rival" Rangers and raise their game. It's not a rivalry when you are your own worst (and only) enemy. This isn't a hockey organization - it is a two-billion-dollar lemonade standof a "family business."

F*** you, Flyers.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Praying for a surprise eclipse right now. The glare is obnoxious as f***.

CsEhLU9.gif

We start the day with @Strawberry Fields on the clock to make up his pick from yesterday, @ajgoal on deck, @Striiker on the lido deck, and my brother on the lido afterdeck. Magua can make his pick when he figures out what he wants. I quoted some of that from yesterday.

"EXchange" has only two episodes left in season three. There are 20 in total, almost all of them well over two hours long. It's epic as f***, and the people they picked for this season are great. One of them is great because he is such a massive dork, like one of those "big huge guys" who doesn't get enough oxygen all the way up to his brain. His ex is gorgeous and very cool, and I want her to end up with this other cool guy, whose girlfriend is the passive-aggressive female villain of the season (the male villain is just so ... grrrrrr). It's fun watching the blockhead f*** up, but it wouldn't be if she were too brainless and forgiving. Luckily, it doesn't appear that she will succumb to his pathetic "charms," however she managed to see them in the past.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yosh, in a hurry.

es5s59v.gif

I am going to pencil Hot Pretzels in for Strawberry - he can always change it later if he wants to - and I have ajgoal's pick, which I'll post at the bottom of this thing. So we start the day with @Striiker on the clock, @Hollywood Cannon on deck, Perv on the lido deck, and CF88 on the lido afterdeck. Magua and @Lord Defect's brainless ass need to make up picks.

ajgoal will take Futurehead Casper Nassen. Striiker can go.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Weekend from hell. I apologize, my friends. Had to take Mac to the vet on Friday night and spent a few hours there only to be told "we don't really know what it is but this is what it could be so here's some meds and hopefully that will calm him down and then had to take HCette to the ER Saturday with a massive headache.

We're going to select with our last pick in the fabled phase twenty six...

The History Will Be Made campaign. We acknowledge that hockey is beyond stupid but those hit like crack back then.

@Young Sandwich you're up!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Weekend from hell. I apologize, my friends. Had to take Mac to the vet on Friday night and spent a few hours there only to be told "we don't really know what it is but this is what it could be so here's some meds and hopefully that will calm him down and then had to take HCette to the ER Saturday with a massive headache.

We're going to select with our last pick in the fabled phase twenty six...

The History Will Be Made campaign. We acknowledge that hockey is beyond stupid but those hit like crack back then.

@Young Sandwich you're up!

Couldn't have cut this video at 4:14?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
In tech week of rehearsals, no brain capacity.

Going left field for Goodwill Ambassador - Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield.

images

Met the guy and he is genuinely smart, charming and kind. Plus in the Quackverse we could use someone with his life skills in space.

@BiggE Make that pick.

Last year we took The Child to Udvar-Hazy to see the space shuttle. As we were walking to the entrance she asks, "are we gonna meet an astronaut?" No, I explained. Astronauts are rare, and we aren't gonna run into one here on a random Friday morning.

Sitting right past the entrance was an astronaut signing books.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I spent at least one night here every week for years during my university days. They had a cool set up where locals played music from their table on Friday nights and usually had a random gig booked on Saturday nights. We normally went on Wednesdays when it was quieter and Fridays for the ambiance.

I'm mainly making this selection because I think it would be funny for some random dude searching for the bar to get directed to the Quackverse, but I do miss this place a lot. The area I live in now doesn't have a convenient local pub, and this place was my one and true local watering hole.

The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select The Wolf and Hound as our team hangout/bar.

unnamed.jpg

@JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
317804999_583728527086842_7699568382049776391_n.jpg

It will always be deeply weird to me that my longtime hangout is famous. It was in episodes of Law & Order. It was in Crocodile Dundee II. It was in Godfather II, Seprico, Russian Doll, and Sex and the City. It was Luke’s bar in Jessica Jones. Everyone from Paul Newman to Jodie Fotser has been on screen in that wonderful shithole. Hell, someone made a compilation of some of the times it’s appeared in films:

Friends, 7B aka Horseshoe Bar aka Vazac’s is a dive. It gets tourists who cannot understand why they have walked into such a place. If they come during the day and are loud and bothering people, a bartender will simply say “Shut the f*** up.” If they come at night, the volume of the punk-heavy jukebox drives them out often before ordering. It can be a bit hipstery at times, but they’re the pleasant kinds. It still has vinyl booths. They only take cash. The bathrooms are horrendous and for some reason near a neon sign that says “prostitution” in script. The drinks are cheap and strong. Pitchers come at a discount. Shitty behavior is simply not tolerated, except in the photo booth, where it is a rite of passage. It’s what’s left of the part of Manhattan I loved.

@Rebels57 I’ll grab us a pitcher. You go to the jukebox.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I spent at least one night here every week for years during my university days. They had a cool set up where locals played music from their table on Friday nights and usually had a random gig booked on Saturday nights. We normally went on Wednesdays when it was quieter and Fridays for the ambiance.

I'm mainly making this selection because I think it would be funny for some random dude searching for the bar to get directed to the Quackverse, but I do miss this place a lot. The area I live in now doesn't have a convenient local pub, and this place was my one and true local watering hole.

The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select The Wolf and Hound as our team hangout/bar.

View attachment 852180

@JojoTheWhale

You must be one of those rich people

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Just nine days until the draft. Like sex, it will be exciting. Like sex, when it's over, you won't need more for a while. Like at least 15 minutes.

jg8q5x2.jpg

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock. That's it. Also, @Magua has to make a decision on his pick at some point. Also, where the f*** is @Lord Defect? I hope he's just having brain surgery or something.

This is the last game tonight, right? Unless I'm mistaken, they have to win in regulation or they are cooked - is that right? Well, whatever. It will be over at some point soon. Then Torts will kick upstairs, Berube will come in, and we'll continue to draft like it's 1979. Oh joy. You know the real black cloud hanging over all this? Even if we sold the team and got in ownership and management that ran us like the Canes, which is what we all want and would be more fun, we'd still have to deal with the suffocating nonsense of "hockey culture." It's a zero sum game, if that means that it's f***ed.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Just nine days until the draft. Like sex, it will be exciting. Like sex, when it's over, you won't need more for a while. Like at least 15 minutes.

jg8q5x2.jpg

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock. That's it. Also, @Magua has to make a decision on his pick at some point. Also, where the f*** is @Lord Defect? I hope he's just having brain surgery or something.

This is the last game tonight, right? Unless I'm mistaken, they have to win in regulation or they are cooked - is that right? Well, whatever. It will be over at some point soon. Then Torts will kick upstairs, Berube will come in, and we'll continue to draft like it's 1979. Oh joy. You know the real black cloud hanging over all this? Even if we sold the team and got in ownership and management that ran us like the Canes, which is what we all want and would be more fun, we'd still have to deal with the suffocating nonsense of "hockey culture." It's a zero sum game, if that means that it's f***ed.
You are not mistaken.

But this is a safe space.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
317804999_583728527086842_7699568382049776391_n.jpg

It will always be deeply weird to me that my longtime hangout is famous. It was in episodes of Law & Order. It was in Crocodile Dundee II. It was in Godfather II, Seprico, Russian Doll, and Sex and the City. It was Luke’s bar in Jessica Jones. Everyone from Paul Newman to Jodie Fotser has been on screen in that wonderful shithole. Hell, someone made a compilation of some of the times it’s appeared in films:

Friends, 7B aka Horseshoe Bar aka Vazac’s is a dive. It gets tourists who cannot understand why they have walked into such a place. If they come during the day and are loud and bothering people, a bartender will simply say “Shut the f*** up.” If they come at night, the volume of the punk-heavy jukebox drives them out often before ordering. It can be a bit hipstery at times, but they’re the pleasant kinds. It still has vinyl booths. They only take cash. The bathrooms are horrendous and for some reason near a neon sign that says “prostitution” in script. The drinks are cheap and strong. Pitchers come at a discount. Shitty behavior is simply not tolerated, except in the photo booth, where it is a rite of passage. It’s what’s left of the part of Manhattan I loved.

@Rebels57 I’ll grab us a pitcher. You go to the jukebox.

My co-worker lived half a block away. Been there a few times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad