NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – SUPER PEJORATIVE BEDARDED PHASE TWENTY-SIX!

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I am going to take a lady who always catches my eye and makes me stop to watch.

ZEocqtJ.jpg

Of course, it doesn't hurt that she is often found in things like "Robin Hood" or other swashbuckling fare.

OlelBvh.gif

Team Goodwill Ambassador - Olivia de Havilland

@Beef Invictus or @Lord Defect

This works out swimmingly since I prefer her sister, Joan Fontaine.

c028e876-57e0-44c2-8037-7af40ac09d3c_text.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I guess the Flyers are still too embarrassed to play today. Fair.

VKJtjVL.gif

We start the day with @Lord Defect on the clock with two picks, me on deck, @BernieParent on the lido deck, and @Beef Invictus on the lido afterdeck.

I can watch just about any isekai anime and enjoy it. I guess I'm easy to please. That's what you guys would say about me, right - that I'm easy to please? I thought so. That's why I'm always so pleasant and so seldom argumentative or opinionated. I'll give you an example - I think they should fire Torts. Why? So they can re-hire him immediately. After all, he's probably trying his best, and that should really be enough for us.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Friday night special against the Sabres. The team which should be our trade partner, and maybe more than once. Let's LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bBLofXa.gif

"We start the day with @Lord Defect on the clock with two picks, me on deck, @BernieParent on the lido deck, and @Beef Invictus on the lido afterdeck."

I'm going to give Milord today to come back on - he usually stops in on Fridays. That idiot has been spending too much time away from us.

"EXchange" really upset me last night. There are too many misunderstandings, which are both keeping people apart and pulling people together. It's a mess. Don't get me wrong - it's utterly fascinating to watch - but it's frustrating. There's a guy and a girl who are the villains of the season, and they are getting close to each other again after a false start earlier. I hope they end up together, and make it clear that they are together, so they can stop f***ing things up for the others.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I have no shortage of girl samurai and ninjas - it is one of the foundational aspects of my franchise, there from the very beginning. But I am going to add another, in part to to get this anime into my stable.

"Chelsea had a mischievous personality, but this may have been an act. She had a cold, calculating side which can often lead to her making a blunt (but accurate) analysis of a person or situation. In the end, she was shown to have good intentions and tried to help the Night Raid members to become more realistic, as she was shown to deeply care for them and didn't want to lose them like she lost her old team. She was shown to have a love for lollipops, as her Teigu was often filled with them, and she was usually shown having one in her mouth.

"Chelsea possessed a Teigu named "Gaea Foundation" that allowed her to change her appearance at will. While her Teigu is a support type, Najenda has stated that she had gotten as many jobs and assassinations as Akame, suggesting that Chelsea was quite skilled in combat (or at least assassination). She mainly used stealth in battles, waiting for her enemy to get close before killing them in a single hit by using needles. She excelled at deception to trick people into letting their guard down."

She could also turn into a cat.

1712409612951.png

bJtGLbd.gif

Team Commando - Chelsea (Akame Ga Kill)

@BernieParent

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Thank you @Captain Dave Poulin. As with every last pick of a round, we are reminded of your continued creativity and determination to keep this enjoyable exercise going. Thank you!

The Halifax Galleons select as our Team Diplomat Joseph son of Jacob.

joseph-in-the-bible-how-he-was-a-type-of-christ.jpg

The 11th of 12 sons of Jacob, the patriarch of Israel, Joseph was his father's favoured child (technicolour dreamcoat and all). This did not endear him to his brothers, who sold him to travelling slavers and lied to their father that Joseph had been killed by a wild animal. In Egypt, Joseph was bought by a high official named Potiphar; Joseph quickly impressed Potiphar by his administrative skills that he was soon running Potiphar's household. However, Potiphar's wife admired Joseph for more than his business acumen and when he resisted her advances, she told her husband Joseph tried to rape her.

Joseph then found himself in prison, where he met Pharaoh's baker and cupbearer. Another of Joseph's many abilities was dream interpretation, and he correctly interpreted from the dreams of these officials that one would be restored to his position and the other would be executed. The reinstated official told Pharaoh about this when Pharaoh was having troubling dreams, so Joseph was brought before Pharaoh. Joseph understood that Pharaoh's dreams were warnings about a coming famine for Egypt and the surrounding nations. Pharaoh was so impressed by Joseph's wisdom that he put Joseph in charge of preparation for the coming disaster and second in command of the entire nation.

When Joseph's brothers came to Egypt to buy food, Joseph (whom the didn't recognize) first tricked them into bringing his younger brother and father to Egypt and then he had compassion on them and they all settled in Egypt, where they thrived.

In every situation, Joseph showed wisdom and faithfulness to God's word. He didn't just prosper in everything he did but brought prosperity to everyone around him. This is a shrewd and honest leader that we are pleased to add as a member of our franchise.

With this we close the book on yet another fun drafting round and cede the podium to @Beef Invictus.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Thank you @Captain Dave Poulin. As with every last pick of a round, we are reminded of your continued creativity and determination to keep this enjoyable exercise going. Thank you!

The Halifax Galleons select as our Team Diplomat Joseph son of Jacob.

joseph-in-the-bible-how-he-was-a-type-of-christ.jpg

The 11th of 12 sons of Jacob, the patriarch of Israel, Joseph was his father's favoured child (technicolour dreamcoat and all). This did not endear him to his brothers, who sold him to travelling slavers and lied to their father that Joseph had been killed by a wild animal. In Egypt, Joseph was bought by a high official named Potiphar; Joseph quickly impressed Potiphar by his administrative skills that he was soon running Potiphar's household. However, Potiphar's wife admired Joseph for more than his business acumen and when he resisted her advances, she told her husband Joseph tried to rape her.

Joseph then found himself in prison, where he met Pharaoh's baker and cupbearer. Another of Joseph's many abilities was dream interpretation, and he correctly interpreted from the dreams of these officials that one would be restored to his position and the other would be executed. The reinstated official told Pharaoh about this when Pharaoh was having troubling dreams, so Joseph was brought before Pharaoh. Joseph understood that Pharaoh's dreams were warnings about a coming famine for Egypt and the surrounding nations. Pharaoh was so impressed by Joseph's wisdom that he put Joseph in charge of preparation for the coming disaster and second in command of the entire nation.

When Joseph's brothers came to Egypt to buy food, Joseph (whom the didn't recognize) first tricked them into bringing his younger brother and father to Egypt and then he had compassion on them and they all settled in Egypt, where they thrived.

In every situation, Joseph showed wisdom and faithfulness to God's word. He didn't just prosper in everything he did but brought prosperity to everyone around him. This is a shrewd and honest leader that we are pleased to add as a member of our franchise.

With this we close the book on yet another fun drafting round and cede the podium to @Beef Invictus.

The boxes thank you profusely for the brevity of the name of this selection.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Oh, Biff. Poor, scruffy Biff. Unfortunate son Biff. OOH, the red, white and blue.

band-members.gif

We start the day with @Beef Invictus on the clock with the easiest possible task - picking a single unchosen player from the list of 2023 NHL draft picks - @BigToe on deck, @GKJ on the lido deck, and mja on the lido afterdeck.

Yosh. It should go super smoothly this time, I am sure.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
* fart noises * .... * echoes * .... * fart-smelling tumbleweeds * ....

FxksfQW.jpg

We start the day with @BigToe on the clock, @GKJ on deck, @mja on the lido deck, and Chuckles on the lido afterdeck. Biff has the opportunity to make up his pick when he has time. We are unsure whether or not he has the capability to make that pick, however.

I have to go kick the golf draft up the backside now without yelling at anyone.

#Bossy

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Team Bar / Hangout: Rexy's Bar

images

My grandfather was a consummate storyteller. Even if you had already heard the story he was telling, there was something about the way he would tell it that would still leave you in a fit of laughter. Consequently, he had a more than a few good buddies. One of his buddies was named Pat. Pat owned a bar called Rexy's. My grandfather frequented Rexy's a lot in the 60's & 70's.

Through sheer dumb luck, some guy from Flin Flon, Manitoba decided to make Rexy's the unofficial Broad Street Bullies watering hole. Among the regulars there, many of the Bullies befriended a somewhat older gentleman who could really spin a good yarn. They'd invite him and his wife along with them on the occasional golf outing or party, even the odd wedding. This then was my very first connection with the sport of hockey and the Philadelphia Flyers franchise.

img

How appropriate for our franchise that Rexy's burned down one night in 1975, while the Flyers were beating the New York Islanders in the semi-finals en route to their second cup win. Around the same time as all of that, my parents met. I would come into the world not terribly long after.

I'd like to think that in the QV, there might be some funny business with the space-time continuum, and that I might be able to go down to my version of Rexy's but get to see my grand pop in all his glory, regaling guys like Clarkie and Bernie with tales of his many misadventures growing up poor during the Depression, or his time in the army at the end of WWII (he never saw any action, but that didn't stop him from having loads of good material), or any of his other favorites, like how he ended up in the hospital on his first date with my grandmother. Maybe I could work up the courage to go say hello to him. If I did get that chance, I know just what'd I'd say to him.

"Please, for the love of god, go be a Penguins fan instead!"

@Chuck Downie

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Actually no I had some downtime at work so I'm getting after it. My 4 prospect players, the most deflating of categories:

Marcel "Marcel" Marcel
Hoyt "Flat" Stanley
Jayson "Sugarbaby" Shaugabay
Visa "MasterCard" Vedenpaa

Please let me know which of these aren't allowed. They're all from the draft class of 2023 and aren't in the search tab in the spreadsheet.

The Chase Utley phase has been a pleasure

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You should see the chickens when there is an eclipse. They just stand there looking dumbfounded. Like they do when there isn't an eclipse.

qCTs6os.jpg

We start the day with @Magua on the clock, @pit on deck, @BiggE on the lido deck, and Strawberry on the lido afterdeck.

I saw that Brandon Marsh still hasn't bathed or shaved under the reign of the current Sun God. I'm not saying it was in order to tell Marsh to wash that the Sun God made his visit yesterday, but I'm not saying that it wasn't for that reason. Someone had to do something.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Man, that was special. The stuff dreams are made of.

T2soQEw.gif

We start the day with @BiggE on the clock, @Strawberry Fields on deck, ajgoal on the lido deck, and Striiker on the lido afterdeck. @Magua can pick whenever he is ready.

Speaking of dreams, I was surprised - after the erotic experience of watching that disemboweling last night - that I didn't have any sexy stories going on in my sleep. I thought for sure there would be something silky and exciting waiting for me. Meh. It's just as well that I got some in real life. And the best part? I didn't even have to scrub my browsing history. It was a David Moyes Special - winning without winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad