NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – A WHOLE NOTHER PHASE TWENTY-ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
the-birdcage-3.jpg

Team (Drag) Queen: Albert

The character doesn't have a last name. I checked. It's Nathan Lane in the 1996 remake of La Cage aux Folles called The Birdcage. I wasn't sure if this would hold up, but we watched it again last night and loved it. They're so mean to him!

*Edit* I PMed buttlunch since this big dummy forgot to tag him.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Looks can be deceiving, but knowledge is power. This fine young lady was born to be a Sexpo and her expertise in all things sex will come in handy for the less experienced members of the team and anyone who might need to brush up on a specific topic here and there.

qnxTY.gif

Team Talk Show Host - Sue Johanson

Go ahead and damage our brains one last time in Phase 21 @Lord Defect
I had the privilege of meeting her when I was in high school. She did a presentation for the school and then randomly selected a few team captains to get a "prize" from her.

I was our volleyball captain and was one of the "prize" winners. To my great disappointment, the prize was a pair of boxers.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I had the privilege of meeting her when I was in high school. She did a presentation for the school and then randomly selected a few team captains to get a "prize" from her.

I was our volleyball captain and was one of the "prize" winners. To my great disappointment, the prize was a pair of boxers.
That's pretty great, I read she did some sex-ed type talks in schools.

Also, I was giddy with excitement while reading your post expecting the prize to be something infinitely more awesome. :laugh:

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
@pit can you spell out the sound they made when rubbing together?
*deFECTdeFECTdeFECTdeFECTdeFECTdeFECTdeFECTdeFECTdeFECTdeFECTdeFECTdeFECT*

This next selection is absolutely due to how I feel about real life right now.

The Chimps are pleased to select the most valuable resources in the universe for Dealer's Choice III - Sleep.

@mja zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

donald-duck-snooze.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Because "Sleep" is exactly like "Oxygen" and "The Moon," I am going to ask pit to get some and then reconsider his Dealer's Choice.

200w.gif

We start the day with @mja on the clock and @Beef Invictus on deck, but we also have @Hollywood Cannon and MacGruber who have to make up the picks they abandoned earlier. I know the categories for the next phase, but I will probably wait until Monday to launch it.

I watched a good one last night called "The Policeman's Lineage" (2022). I really love bent cop thrillers, almost as much as I love gangster films. There is such a sweet built-in tension to the stories that the filmmaker and screenwriter almost have to go out of their way to make them bad. Like if f***ing Roland Emmerich tried to make one it would be shit, because he is the Chuck Fletcher of incompetent directors, or Michael Bay, who is the Blech Blah of other shit directors. Otherwise, they just tend to be idiot-proof. The good thing about wanting to watch Asian films is that you can find most of them, even the brand-new ones, online somewhere. Yet another gift of having normal internet service out here in the middle of nowhere.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Because "Sleep" is exactly like "Oxygen" and "The Moon," I am going to ask pit to get some and then reconsider his Dealer's Choice.

200w.gif

We start the day with @mja on the clock and @Beef Invictus on deck, but we also have @Hollywood Cannon and MacGruber who have to make up the picks they abandoned earlier. I know the categories for the next phase, but I will probably wait until Monday to launch it.

I watched a good one last night called "The Policeman's Lineage" (2022). I really love bent cop thrillers, almost as much as I love gangster films. There is such a sweet built-in tension to the stories that the filmmaker and screenwriter almost have to go out of their way to make them bad. Like if f***ing Roland Emmerich tried to make one it would be shit, because he is the Chuck Fletcher of incompetent directors, or Michael Bay, who is the Blech Blah of other shit directors. Otherwise, they just tend to be idiot-proof. The good thing about wanting to watch Asian films is that you can find most of them, even the brand-new ones, online somewhere. Yet another gift of having normal internet service out here in the middle of nowhere.

Give him scheduled nap time maybe? Keeps the theme and avoids the Oxygen Dilemma.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I talked to the pituitary gland and came up with this great idea. We'll treat "Sleep" like a videogame boost, like where he can get a good night's worth of sleep at like the click of his fingers or whatever. That makes more sense to me than "all the sleep," somehow. But I will leave it as "Sleep" in the boxes, so don't shit your pants or anything.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
We pick so much, we forget what we even picked. I just remembered the Ghibli have “Short Sleeper Syndrome” — we only need like 4 hours of sleep each night to be fully recharged. Does it get better? We still get to enjoy sleep and dreams, we have more energy than normal people, and we have an extra 1.5 months a year to do productive things like play video games and learn how to yodel.

I also want to announce, I will donate my body to science. MEAT culinary science.

I also also don’t have a pick yet.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank you mja! Gifted mja! Sweaty mja! Skyward mja!

Here we are! It is time! We do it NOW!

I choose my DEALERS CHOICE:

BEEF INVICTUS SALAD

Let us speak, for a moment, about salad. Salads usually feature lettuce, with various toppings and then salad dressing. What is the best part of the salad? The toppings and dressing. What is the worst part? The lettuce. It's not even close. The lettuce is f***ing horrible, especially the super crunchy parts with the leaf bones or whatever. But we have to eat salads because salads are healthy or whatever.

And so, I have perfected the salad. I'll give you the recipe now:

1) get a bowl
2) fill the bowl with shredded cheese
3) add two fistfuls of croutons
4) very liberally coat the salad with dressing. Don't pour from your heart; pour from mine.
5) OPTIONAL: you may add cucumbers, olives, more croutons, pepperoncini, bacon bits, grilled or fried meat.

Then you eat. That's it. Just make sure you never add lettuce, carrots, beets, or tomatoes. When you're done, make sure to drink or eat all dressing residue. Now you can finally eat healthy and have it be delicious and worthwhile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad