NHL Media Gongshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatherOfThree

Nov 29, 2011
Toronto
Recently read this quote

"Where are all of the trades?? Media hypes everything up.. trade deadline, draft, july 1... nothing ever happens. The sooner we quit falling for the hype (which is STRICTLY a ratings grab, btw) the better off we will be. Trade freeze lifted at 8am est... that was an HOUR ago....... not one trade....... oh but "the floodgates will open" ... ya they're open alright... **** you media. Go ahead and shove your "sources" directly up your ass.. I've already deleted my twitter account, don't need it... no reason to follow bob mckenzie and all the other frauds. It's all about ratings and i'm tired of it."

I agree with everything said here, does anyone else?

Steve

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Are you implying that all these rumors are just fabricated?

Here's the thing about sources. I have a degree in journalism. I did it for a bit. You can't just announce your sources. Guess what would happen if you did that? That person wouldn't be a source ever again, nor would anyone else.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
The media has no way to know if anything is actually going to happen or not, Steve-o. Of course they hype it up - it's their job.

Warm regards,
Steve

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
what exactly are you expecting haha? i think its more about the discussions that happen between gm's then actual trades today. These guys are more for whats happening in the background not what trade is going to happen.

just my opinion. also came back in time to post this

steve

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Keep Twitter! That way to don't have to watch their live show or visit their website to get the news.

Steve from the future

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
That's what the media is there for. To give us stories to talk about. It's fun

Steve

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I actually agree. The amount of ridiculous clickbait these guys are putting out is shameful. This was pumped up as being better than the trade deadline but was a complete bore.

Faithfully yours forever and always,

Steven

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
At some point you must be pretty naiive to think the media actually believes the hype they are selling as their JOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad