NHL logo rankings No. 17: Edmonton Oilers

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
They are just trying to be controversial to drive page views. They have ranked all the Canadian teams low for that reason. Not even worth clicking on.

I am not a leafs fans but their logo is iconic and they are ranked 21st.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
They are just trying to be controversial to drive page views. They have ranked all the Canadian teams low for that reason. Not even worth clicking on.

I am not a leafs fans but their logo is iconic and they are ranked 21st.

Pretty much this. They embarrass themselves with their ranking.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I would believe this, if it were based on actual design theories from a team of trained graphic designers. Not an uneducated team of so-called sports writers that don't have any basis in visual theory.

For the Oilers logo, from a purely objective 'DESIGN' Point of view:

I can understand why the use of a droopy Serif Font is reason to knock it down. Sans-Serif are generally considered much easier to read by most designers.

Fan Allegiance, and History aside, from an aesthetic Point of View, the text is very hard to look at.

The writers are wrong about colour... the colours used are VERY contemporary.

Think of every movie poster you've seen in the past 10 years:

Teal+and+orange+film+posters.jpg

Anyways...

I'd want to see a more educated analysis on this.

:)

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Can't give the writer to hard of a time because he said we're top 5, but all of the people that said it's ugly and outdated are clueless

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
Not even considering that I'm a fan of the team, I think the Oilers logo is a classic. THN is way off base.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
Hey Oilers fans, and I'mma let you finish, but you gotta admit the Flames logo is the greatest of all time.

Ok carry on.

Edit: awe **** just saw Flames got 19th.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I know it's just the logo but 17 is the highest this team has been ranked in anything for years. This is a huge day.

#oiler positives

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
How the heck did the Avs finish second last? Butt hurt Nordiques fans rating the logos by any chance?

Matsi

got paws?
Mar 22, 2005
Chiricahua Mountains
Not an Oilers fan, but a fan of your logo. Loved your navy & copper jerseys, not so much the current ones. But your logo is very slick and never gets out of fashion.

I don't think the sportsnet guys have a clue at all, no matter what it is about. It's all just about writing something stupid down to be read by others. And that's not only when it comes to ranking the NHL teams' logos, it's always the same old song with them. I've hardly ever read an article written by any of their writers that were either informative or demanding.

Any of us has his own taste. I'm a Sharks fan and I love their logo. I'm not an Oilers fan but I think it's a very nice and classy logo.

Now ranking logos is awfully lame for a website calling itself sportsnet. Do they have nothing to write about which is, at least somewhat, of general interest?!

It's not that they wouldn't. But they can't.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
I will never give THN a penny. Not that I ever have or planned on doing so.

1366406544a72613_l.gif

It's a disgrace!

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
the canucks 13th? :laugh: That would be close to the bottom for me.

The Sens logo has always been bad, but not sure how they'd make it look better.Trojan man. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad