Rosters and Ratings: NHL Legends Teams

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
And sadly NHL decides to go in direction of FIFA and Madden instead of NBA 2K and MLB the Show and makes them unavaliable to transfer them over to different rosters. And i'm guessing thats to keep players interested in HUT. **** you EA.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
This feature is useless for those who don't give a shit about HUT if you can't move the classic players onto custom built "classic" rosters that are user created.

And those jerseys and logo for the classic team is horrendous.

It's also embarrassing to listen to that guy in the video butchering names. Larry Robertson?

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
This feature is useless for those who don't give a **** about HUT if you can't move the classic players onto custom built "classic" rosters that are user created.

It's also embarrassing to listen to that guy in the video butchering names. Larry Robertson?

I didn't watch the video but please tell me the guy doesn't work for EA.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
It also seems like there’s players in HUT that aren’t available for offline play? I saw LaFontaine, Naslund, and Linden there.

But until this is available for Franchise mode, I’m not getting the game. Plain and simple.

And obviously there are a lot of big names missing that were available in past games like Yzerman, Shanahan, Lidstrom that are missing, which bugs me, but if they expand on this feature and add a whole ton of new legends next year, like the NBA 2K games did, then I can’t be mad.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
This is why I made my own classic rosters for myself. Because if I left it up to EA I'd maybe never see the day when such a thing was done right.

My Gretzky may not have his authentic face, but he looks pretty close to him and he can at least play with Coffey, Kuri, Messier, Anderson, Fuhr and Tikanen while wearing an Oilers jersey.

Reactions: Bluesguru

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
This feature is useless for those who don't give a **** about HUT if you can't move the classic players onto custom built "classic" rosters that are user created.

You're right. EA is a joke with this stuff. Can't move Gretzky to the Oilers on custom rosters? That's completely useless. But they always half-way stuff, like making Gretzky without his iconic Jofa gloves. EA should just give the fans the tools and let us do the work.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Is EA too lazy to include the Jets jerseys from the 90s that Selanne wore? He never donned those 80s Jets uniforms that they have him wearing in the legends trailer.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
A dev on twitter said they're struggling to acclimate the legends to franchise mode due to their ages, and are working on it.

Probably.

This is where EA worries too much about nonsense. They should have one major toggle in the settings... AUTHENTICITY: ON/OFF

This way EA can complete a setting that enforces the "real rules" like junior players and legends cannot play on Franchise Mode, etc. Or, you can simply adjust that setting to OFF and there are no limits or restraints of any kind. If you want to create your 13 year old son who is a prodigy in your eyes and put him in your franchise mode, you can. Want to add a legend like Gretzky? No problem. Want to add a 17 year old hot shot junior or SEL player? Have at it.

Simple solution.

EA is way too rigid in certain areas and it's annoying. Other examples are enforcing "retired numbers" of players in PLAY NOW mode... or not having the ability to edit the appearance of an existing NHL player.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Probably.

This is where EA worries too much about nonsense. They should have one major toggle in the settings... AUTHENTICITY: ON/OFF

This way EA can complete a setting that enforces the "real rules" like junior players and legends cannot play on Franchise Mode, etc. Or, you can simply adjust that setting to OFF and there are no limits or restraints of any kind. If you want to create your 13 year old son who is a prodigy in your eyes and put him in your franchise mode, you can. Want to add a legend like Gretzky? No problem. Want to add a 17 year old hot shot junior or SEL player? Have at it.

Simple solution.

EA is way too rigid in certain areas and it's annoying. Other examples are enforcing "retired numbers" of players in PLAY NOW mode... or not having the ability to edit the appearance of an existing NHL player.

You clearly know nothing about game dev if you think that allowing all that is a simple task that boils down to adding a single toggle in the settings.

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
If anyone has the early release and feels like listing some of the other “200+” legends in the game, it’d be much appreciated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad