Rosters and Ratings: NHL Legends Teams

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Chris Nilan? Did Mike Milbury have say over which "legends" got into the game?

That whole grit team is absolutely garbage and don't belong in the game outside of the obvious (Clarke, Gilmour, Fleury) don't even qualify as legends. Some of them like Tkachuk and Roberts...good players, sure but legends? Eh.

And then the rest of them shouldn't even be in the game. Trash cans like Mellanby and R.J Umberger are not legends by any stretch of a drugged out imagination.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
I like the grit team. Actually really happy that guys like Probert and Domi and Nilan made it in. IMO that’s what EA should have been going for — guys who were superlative skaters, shooters, and yes, fighters. They aren’t in the HOF but they’re still legends.

Tkachuk and Roberts would probably warrant inclusion even if it were a true Top 200. Tkachuk had 500 goals and Roberts would have too if not for injuries. Both very good players.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
A dev on twitter said they're struggling to acclimate the legends to franchise mode due to their ages, and are working on it.

Years ago, I used to be able to adjust a players height, weight and other attributes. I don't understand why that feature seems to come in and out of games, or why it's so difficult to adjust the ability enter age or vital information.

If I want to move Mark Messier into Franchise mode, then let me adjust his vitals --- including his age so he's not listed as 57.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Still have not gotten the game.
From what I read, you cannot use legends in Franchise mode, is that correct?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I’m curious as to how they selected legends.

Because it’s weird that you wouldn’t have Shanahan or Bure, but you’d have Alyn McCauley and Cory Cross.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Bait and switch. New low for EA to hype 200 legends and then have Jason Labarbera and Cale Hulse ha

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
This list is really underwhelming. Especially as a wings fan. Probie, terrible Ted and Mac are cool but no Yzerman,vladdy,feds or Howe to name a few... I probably will just stick with Madden which I'm enjoying.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Nice to see Charlie Conacher , Andy Bathgate , Billy Barber, Clarkie , Butch Goring , Bobby Hull , "The Big M" , Henri Richard and a few others in the game. Still wouldn't get it unless I can put these players in Franchise mode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->