GDT: NHL free agency day; which washed up veteran will the Habs sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Dan Boyle, Stéphane Robidas and Radim Vrbata all reported to be interesting Marc Bergevin.

The Habs will also very likely either trade Gorges or put him on waivers today. Should be interesting to watch.

UFA day > Canada day. Discuss.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Please unload the hell outta Gorges and find us an upgrade.

Would not mind a good top 6 winger but that might be stretching the purse thin unless other moves are made (moen, budaj, etc).

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Dan Boyle, Stéphane Robidas and Radim Vrbata all reported to be interesting Marc Bergevin.

The Habs will also very likely either trade Gorges or put him on waivers today. Should be interesting to watch.

bring back bouillon and gionta, call it a day!

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 8m

Told this morning that chances of Brian Gionta staying in Montreal are fading. #SNsigningseason

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

Free agency increasingly sucks bag. Over 30's with no long term worth, paid twice what they should be. Trade or nothing. That is all.

Last edited:

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Waiving Gorges would be extremely stupid. We keep part of his cap hit and lose him for nothing. 100% loss of a good roster player.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Targets:

Thomas Vanek - I know he failed in his play-offs here and we weren't going to offer him a contract. He's still the most talented player in the UFA class and it would make sense to keep monitoring the situation in case he wants to come back for cheap.

Jarome Iginla - We have a hole at RW. At a short term we should kick tires at Iginla. He still proved he can produce and we need help at RW.

Paul Stastny - You should always take a look at an offer for the best center on the market. Likely too expensive and would cause a glutton of moves to have to happen to clear space. But, kick tires none-the-less.

Matt Moulson - He's a LW which we are stacked on but he can score and may come cheaper than other alternatives on the market. I would kick tires.

Radim Vrbata - A RW who I think is underrated and shouldn't command too much term or money. I think he'd be a great compliment on Plekanec's wing.

David Legwand - Same situation as Stastny.. I'd kick tires but nothing substantial.

Matt Niskanen - A young D on the market. He will price his way out but again, kick tires and see where we are at.

Ales Hemsky - Kick tires on this RWer. He can produce in an offensive role.

Milan Michalek - Not a need, can go either way, kick tires.

Dan Boyle - Help on the right side of the defense, experience and offense.

Dustin Penner - Big body forward.. I'd kick tires as he seems to have resurrected his career somewhat.

Mikhail Grabovski - No room for him, I've just always loved him. Selfish inquiry.

Lee Stempniak - Not a big fan but if the RW pile is picked over, he can fill the hole.

Christian Ehrhoff - If we can get him for a discount due him being bought out, I'll take a look.

Tom Gilbert - Right handed Defense for depth on the right side.

Martin Havlat - Injury prone, still talented, would kick tires for help on RW.

Nikolai Kulemin - He would help on the RW and would be a smart pick-up to play with Eller.

David Booth - For cheap, I'd give him a change of scenery.

Anton Stralman - Help on the right side of the D.

Fiddler, Goc, Moore, Boyle - 4th line center duty..

Mike Weaver - I would bring him back for the RD.

This is list is getting long and I'm bored of typing it, there's some other intriguing names out there.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Of the list I would like

Targets:

Matt Moulson - He's a LW which we are stacked on but he can score and may come cheaper than other alternatives on the market. I would kick tires.
Or
Radim Vrbata - A RW who I think is underrated and shouldn't command too much term or money. I think he'd be a great compliment on Plekanec's wing.
or then again
Nikolai Kulemin - He would help on the RW and would be a smart pick-up to play with Eller.
If not
Ales Hemsky - Kick tires on this RWer. He can produce in an offensive role.
or
Martin Havlat - Injury prone, still talented, would kick tires for help on RW.

Brian Boyle - 4th line center duty..

Not on the list I would like Brooks Orpik but only if Georges go. As for the Boyle or Robidas... depends of the terms.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
@EricEngels: I haven't nailed down who it is, but was told #habs are signing a top 9 fwd today. And no, it's certainly NOT Jarome Iginla.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
@EricEngels: I haven't nailed down who it is, but was told #habs are signing a top 9 fwd today. And no, it's certainly NOT Jarome Iginla.

Have a feeling it is Richards or Vrbata. Richards chat has been very quiet. He is still a good player, just not a 7 million dollar one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad