NHL Forwards Rankings #17

7TEEN is NEXT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Absolutely not a chance he’s currently better than any of those players right now. He could and probably will rise of the standings this season, but he’s not established enough to warrant being placed over those players.

Father Time is surely going to slow down guys like Malkin, Ovechkin, Marchand, and Kane soon, and combined with Pettersson’s continued development it could certainly happen next season.

As for Pastrnak and Matthews - the former just had a monster season where he outscored Pettersson by nearly 30 points, and the latter also had a huge 47 goal season - and both have a longer track record. For what it’s worth I think EP will be right there with them very soon.
Difference between EP and most of the guys you named is that EP is close to elite at defending.

It’s tough for ppl in the east to understand how good he is. Nearly every time he’s on the ice he makes something happen. He’s basically the engine of the Canucks, his stats don’t do him justice for how good of a player he actually is.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Although I believe EP is overrated on HF, he's definitely better than Marner.
Marner is a 23 year old winger that has average 93 points over the last 2 seasons. Marner put up his 90+ point season in the final year of his ELC, EP is going into year 3 right now.

It's not even like there's a massive age gap either. Marner is a 97, EP is a 98. Marner is the better player.

I wonder how this site would take it if Leaf fans were saying that a career 66 point player is better than a 93 point player...oh wait we've already seen the reaction.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Difference between EP and most of the guys you named is that EP is close to elite at defending.

It’s tough for ppl in the east to understand how good he is. Nearly every time he’s on the ice he makes something happen. He’s basically the engine of the Canucks, his stats don’t do him justice for how good of a player he actually is.
So basically your response is completely opinionated, filled with bias and cannot be backed up with stats...EP isn't a Bergeron at defending either lmfao go look at the numbers.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Marner is a 23 year old winger that has average 93 points over the last 2 seasons. Marner put up his 90+ point season in the final year of his ELC, EP is going into year 3 right now.

It's not even like there's a massive age gap either. Marner is a 97, EP is a 98. Marner is the better player.

I wonder how this site would take it if Leaf fans were saying that a career 66 point player is better than a 93 point player...oh wait we've already seen the reaction.

Maybe little Mitch shouldn’t disappear in the playoffs and he’d get some respect. Johnny Gaudreau east

Last edited:
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018

Lol BAM, sorry bud but your reputation speaks for itself.

EP is the better player, no question.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Hockey is about more than just regular season points. It’s also about commitment to two way play and the ability to produce in the playoffs when the games matter most and the games become tighter and more physical. This past play- in the Leafs missed the playoffs. They were shut out in two of five games and were within minutes of being shut out a third time. They lost to a team that wouldn’t have even made the playoffs in a normal season.
EP has shown he can produce in those types of games.
As I said, hockey is not just all about points which is why EP is comfortably ahead of Marner in most polls.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad