NHL Films?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
NHL has been self producing a number of original series that have aired on the NHL Network. Voices, Captains, Off the Ice, Pioneers -- to name a few.

I doubt there will be any changes/additions this season (budgets already set, personnel in place, etc.), but next season could see more things such as what NFL Films produces.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
NHL has been self producing a number of original series that have aired on the NHL Network. Voices, Captains, Off the Ice, Pioneers -- to name a few.

I doubt there will be any changes/additions this season (budgets already set, personnel in place, etc.), but next season could see more things such as what NFL Films produces.

one can only hope. 24/7 was a real shot in the arm.....

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
one can only hope. 24/7 was a real shot in the arm.....

Werd. Wasn't there another thing back in the day for the NFL? Inside the NFL or something where they had the coaches and stuff all mic'd up and you could listen to their antics?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Given the success of HBO's documentary series on the NHL, I could see this being a potential area that the NHL would look to expand into and I think it would be quite successful.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Given the success of HBO's documentary series on the NHL, I could see this being a potential area that the NHL would look to expand into and I think it would be quite successful.

I agree so long as they actually put some production value for it. If they halfass it (kind of like this Guardian thing) I'm not so sure...

PhillyPhinn

Aug 5, 2007
Turku, Finland
NFL Films is awesome. I knew nothing about football and the NFL before I started watching it five years ago, but thanks to NFL films, i know 10x more about NFL history than I do about NHL history.

Their series "America's Game", where they do an episode about every Super Bowl champion team is absolutely awesome, and I've probably seen every episode at least five times by now.

Doc Scurlock

Nov 23, 2006
NFL Films is awesome. Why? My girlfriend doesn't care about football, yet watched every episode of America's Game with me plus now watches other NFL films stuff on the NFL network. Doesn't watch games as they're boring to her. Baby steps, in time that might change. Those guys truly do an awesome job of selling the game and making it feel more epic than it really is.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
I dislike the NFL but NFL Films is truly enjoyable to watch. I would love NHL and MLS Films........

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
the guys at nfl films understand that the drama and history of the game are part of its major selling points. the success of last years history will be made clips were all stone rip offs of this model and it just goes to show how awesome the nhl could be if they would just learn how to sell the thing right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad