Speculation: NHL expansion to come in 2017?

KOforprez2016

Jun 14, 2014
new york
I've always loved going to Quebec, even when I lived in Queens I would make it up there at least once a season. It'll be great to be in that building one last time, and I'm looking forward to going by the new place as well.

Don't remember the hat trick by Kallur, but I know we had some high scoring games against the Nordiques during those years.

heck one of the reasons I went to SUNY Plattsburgh was because it was so close to Quebec.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
34 just feels way too unbalanced/forced to me, regardless of which cities they intend for expansion. Teams in Seattle and maybe SLC make loads more sense for balancing out the East and West.

Also surprised Quebec gets passed over.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
If the league does expand, 1 team should be US based, the other Canada based. Could you imagine all the Canadian fans and media whose heads would explode adding 2 new American teams? Especially if one of those teams is in a **** destination like Vegas?
I wonder if KC is on the table. I went to the pre-season game at the Sprint Center when the isles played the Kings in 2009 and it was a beautiful stadium, but i mean MO already has the blues (not like states don't have multiple teams now), so maybe not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad