Post-Game Talk: NHL Expansion Draft and Awards Show - Bruins lose Colin Miller - Bergeron Wins Selke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Honestly, I think Vegas is going to take either Beleskey or Colin Miller. I do feel that McQuaid will be back or he will be part of a package depending on who the other teams lose.

Just a gut feeling.

Now if they could dump Spooner and Hayes I will be very happy..

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Honestly, I think Vegas is going to take either Beleskey or Colin Miller. I do feel that McQuaid will be back or he will be part of a package depending on who the other teams lose.

Just a gut feeling.

depending on who the Knights draft I would not be surprised to see Bruins 1st, Spooner or Vatrano all in play to some extent.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Depending what deals they have in place with other teams, I see Vegas selecting Beleskey. Scored 20 goals in the Western Conference, reasonable cap hit, can crash and bang, play on lines 2-3-4, so pretty serviceable. I just so so many options on defense for Vegas that they'll target either Beleskey or Subban. I originally thought the Island connection with McQuaid and Gallant would play a factor but I can see Engleland signing in Vegas and those guys are basically carbon copies of one another.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Good luck with that.

I'd rather both McQuaid and Miller at their current contracts, than giving UFA deals to either Russell or Alzner
Signing UFA defensemen from teams that don't have anything substantial exposed and then drafting good defensemen to trade to fill in other holes in the lineup could be a decent plan.

Since Gee Wally brought up Spooner and since Vegas has been rumored to have interest in him earlier in the offseason:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Signing UFA defensemen from teams that don't have anything substantial exposed and then drafting good defensemen to trade to fill in other holes in the lineup could be a decent plan.

Since Gee Wally brought up Spooner and since Vegas has been rumored to have interest in him earlier in the offseason:

I mean they COULD take Eric Staal, although I suspect they'd prefer Dumba/Scandella or also suspect that there may be a side deal with MIN.

Spooner would probably be behind Shipachyov on the depth chart where he could definitely be a viable option for Vegas...question is what would we get from Vegas? Gotta assume it would be for them to choose a player Bruins are interested in from another team.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
depending on who the Knights draft I would not be surprised to see Bruins 1st, Spooner or Vatrano all in play to some extent.

What's your take

first round pick player
Spooner
Beleskey
Colin Miller
Vatrano

How many of these 5 are here July 1

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Just a gut feeling.

I'd love to hear the reasoning why LV would take Beleskey.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Depending what deals they have in place with other teams, I see Vegas selecting Beleskey. Scored 20 goals in the Western Conference, reasonable cap hit, can crash and bang, play on lines 2-3-4, so pretty serviceable. I just so so many options on defense for Vegas that they'll target either Beleskey or Subban. I originally thought the Island connection with McQuaid and Gallant would play a factor but I can see Engleland signing in Vegas and those guys are basically carbon copies of one another.

1) Yes he scored 20 goals once. His other years:

2) I don't think that 3.8m for a 10 goal scorer is a good contract.
3) They can get younger, cheaper, guys who can crash and bang. No need to take an older more expensive guy to do it.
4) He couldn't play on lines 2 or 3 for us too well this year.
5) They are better off taking a young guy with some sort of upside OR a guy they can deal somewhere else. To me that's Miller #1 and maybe Subban #2.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
What's your take

first round pick player
Spooner
Beleskey
Colin Miller
Vatrano

How many of these 5 are here July 1

Well I can guarantee you that the B's won't have a 2017 #1 pick come July 1.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton

I just think they'll try for some youth and vets, not gonna have a team of all 20-24 year olds, especially in Vegas........could be trouble. Maybe it's more wishful thinking but I just have a feeling he's on their radar. Guess we'll see Wednesday!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Just a gut feeling.

I can see Beleskey ending their one way or another

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

All I can think of is that someone in the organization knows him very well and really likes his character, which is significantly important for a new franchise.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I tell you what. I'd hate to lose McQuaid. I know it's just business and he gets hurt a lot but..I just love his toughness and I'd hate to see that lost.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
For me, only conceivable way that happens (or Hayes) is if Boston gives them something. Kind of shudder to think what price would be.

Hayes isn't worth it. He only has one more year on his deal, you grin and bear that.

Beleskey, it depends on the price. If we can't get rid of him next year, I give him a chance to rebound next season. If you have to eat 50% of his salary to get rid of him if he doesn't improve, so be it.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I tell you what. I'd hate to lose McQuaid. I know it's just business and he gets hurt a lot but..I just love his toughness and I'd hate to see that lost.

Agreed. I'm hoping ifs subban as a few experts have guessed. I thunk chiller personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad