GDT: NHL Entry Draft Rounds 2 through 7! 11am ET

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Considering the guys that we picked up since Mazur, I do hope that this is evidence that they have an extremely high value placed on him. I think most of the people disappointed by that pick would have opted for Savage, Dower Nilsson, and Plandowski over Mazur.

I don’t believe that Mazur was doing anyone a favor at that spot, I just have to believe they were extremely high on him relative to what the public’s perspective was

Reactions: Unfriendly Ghost

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, these last 3 picks are helping. I understand the thought process with the first 3 picks, even if it wasnt what I hoped for. For all my teeth gnashing, its been a solid draft if you trust the Yzerplan, which we should.

Reactions: Frk It

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That goalie Seattle just took looks interesting.

Looks like the kind of guy who maybe slipped through the cracks.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Considering the guys that we picked up since Mazur, I do hope that this is evidence that they have an extremely high value placed on him. I think most of the people disappointed by that pick would have opted for Savage, Dower Nilsson, and Plandowski over Mazur.

I don’t believe that Mazur was doing anyone a favor at that spot, I just have to believe they were extremely high on him relative to what the public’s perspective was

I think it's more warped perspective by proximity than conscious favoritism

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think it's more warped perspective by proximity than conscious favoritism

I’ll say this, if we ever find out that it was some form of favor or bias, I’ll be the first to change my stance.

As it sits right now, I cannot fathom that a team is spending a 3rd round pick on a kid that they don’t like a hell of a lot based on real merits.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario

Zito destroying some poor guy in a line brawl.

Obviously a tough kid/pest type.
He was a 2nd rounder in his OHL draft year and put up great offensive numbers playing minor hockey for the Mississauga rebels.

So some upside for skill too.
Windsor GM Warren Rachel;
“Pasquale is a true Spitfire,” Rychel said. “He’s a 200-foot player that can score and play a physical brand of hockey. On top of that, he’s good in the faceoff circle, responsible in his own zone and I love his worth ethic.”

Reactions: bedtime20

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Theo Jacobsson (SJS #177) is a skill guy I would have liked here late in the draft. Oh well.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Lots of good stories from our picks this year. The two best friends in Sweden 140-odd picks apart. The trading up for a goalie who sounds like a knowledge sponge who's already chatted to Osgood and to Draper about Hasek. The kid who idolised Lidstrom and Dats growing up. The reach with the draper connection who nearly quadrupled his production this year and always dreamt of being a red wing. The much lower than expected 2 way forward with the great name and the NHL bloodlines. The D-man with the skating coach mum and NHL scout dad who flies round the ice but is still working out how to translate skill into points. The fearless bulldozer in teh 6th round who no-one's seen in a year, but lots of people expected a big leap from.

Lots of skating, character and lots of guys who really want to be red wings too, which can't hurt down the line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad