GDT: NHL Entry Draft Rounds 2 through 7! 11am ET

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
this whole Frolunda thing is getting funny at this point

not like in a bad way since I don't have anything against the players themselves though

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Dower-Nilsson reminds me of Roger Neilson.

I think we're about to find out some crazy rules once he makes the league.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I went into the draft with three wants: 1. Don't pick Edvinsson. 2. Don't pick Cossa. 3. Pick Wallstedt.

A simple look at my post history would show I've been pulling that line for weeks.

First round pretty much kicked me in the nuts. I'm a Wings fan so I hope it works out, but just based on my opinions the draft was a disaster and they could've drafted 4 foot tall midgets for every other pick and I would not have cared.

I don't know anything about scouting goalies, so I didn't have a real preference between Wallstedt and Cossa going into this draft other than knowing that Wallstedt was usually ranked higher. But the more I've read (not from Wings people, just in general) last night and today, the more I can see all the reasons Cossa can be considered the better bet. Either way, eager to see how it plays out over the next several years. In fact, it'll be pretty interesting to see how the Knight/Askarov/Cossa/Wallstedt grouping all turn out in comparison.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Yes, I do. First of all, at pick 6 you should be getting a future all-star caliber player. Look at the history of players picked in that range for comparison. Also, by taking a goaltender in the middle of the 1st round you better be damn sure he’s a sure fire stud at the next level.

Now consider the fact that we’ve traded 3 additional picks to get these players, and yes, I will consider this a wasted opportunity if we don’t see AT LEAST 2 All- Star players from this draft, where we held an insane amount of picks.

I get the Stevie love, and I’m on board, but this isn’t a good draft from a strategic standpoint.

Two all stars? From one draft?
That's crazy.
I get that you're tired of obnoxious stevie fanboyism.
But that's simply not a reasonable expectation.

Truth is, I think Cossa is probably our best best at an allstar.
Edvinsson might be our Ryan McDonaugh, if you're looking at Tampa.
Probably not an all-start - but critical to winning.

Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Plandowski was once the top defenseman in the Q draft.
His mom is a skating coach.

Scouts love his skating but wonder why he can't translate anything into production.

Guy was nowhere near my list, but I like this pick.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Gorton is easily in competition for worst draft analyst. Stiff, not really informative. Much like how he drafted, I guess.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
The only opinion I have about this draft is that it’ll be better than our 2017 haul. I know I really went out on a limb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad