Speculation: NHL Entry Draft: Pick who LA takes, who you hope to reasonably fall, and a dark horse pick.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Takes: Bokk

Falls: Kravtsov or Farabee

Dark Horse: Berggren

This has to be one of the harder drafts to predict in recent memory. I see it going a 100 different directions tomorrow.

Agreed. I, in all my NHL wisdom, I'm focused on forwards. BPA could likely be a dman.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Agreed. I, in all my NHL wisdom, I'm focused on forwards. BPA could likely be a dman.
Yanetti has already said as much in recent interviews. They were burned in the past drafting for need, ahem Teubert ahem, and so now they're focused on BPA. We all know they need winters but they're not going to draft one unless hes BPA. They'll likely go d again.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Yanetti has already said as much in recent interviews. They were burned in the past drafting for need, ahem Teubert ahem, and so now they're focused on BPA. We all know they need winters but they're not going to draft one unless hes BPA. They'll likely go d again.
Hopefully with quickness and offensive flair.

Jun 30, 2006
Any relation to Kenny Woo?
Kenny Wu?
tenor.gif

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

I'm normally always in the BPA camp, but the Kings are in a unique situation because you have one position and type of player that has been ignored for over a decade and really can't keep being pushed to the back-burner.

If Drew Doughty re-signs you have a guy who is going to be playing 30 minutes a night for the next 7 seasons, unless the Kings feel someone like Wilde or Miller are way to good to pass on they should really be looking to address the skill level with a 1st round talent rather than doing the Dean Lombardi thing and drafting a defenseman or character center and trying to find undervalued (usually undersized) skilled players later in the draft like we did for years with Azevado, Vey, Kozun, Weal etc. It didn't work then and probably won't work now.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Yannetti believes there are 4 tiers in the first round, and the third higher level tier cuts at around 19-20, so they are right on the edge. I would imagine they will take any player left in that group if still available if that is how they have them ranked and that player meets the criteria they are looking for, regarding of position sans goalie. Yes, it would be ideal to get a forward no doubt, and I'm sure most of us want the same thing. Interesting thing is he believes a significant number of players 20-60 are fairly interchangeable, so it seems players could rise and fall all over the place. You have to wonder if someone is still on the board they covet at the 13-15 mark if they try and trade up. Seems like after round 2, like many years, the talent drop off is significant. So hopefully we do well again in the first and second round like last year, just worse positioning is going to make it a bit more difficult.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I'll say

Serron Noel RW 6'5" 205. August 8, 2018 DOB. Scored 28 goals in 62 games at 17 and tied first in scoring Team Canada U18 WJC.

Serron Noel at eliteprospects.com

Falls: Kaut (had some kind of heart ailment. Hopethe procedure corrects it. But may fall due to that)

Dark Horse Lundestrom

Last edited:
Reactions: LAKings88

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Yannetti believes there are 4 tiers in the first round, and the third higher level tier cuts at around 19-20, so they are right on the edge. I would imagine they will take any player left in that group if still available if that is how they have them ranked and that player meets the criteria they are looking for, regarding of position sans goalie. Yes, it would be ideal to get a forward no doubt, and I'm sure most of us want the same thing. Interesting thing is he believes a significant number of players 20-60 are fairly interchangeable, so it seems players could rise and fall all over the place. You have to wonder if someone is still on the board they covet at the 13-15 mark if they try and trade up. Seems like after round 2, like many years, the talent drop off is significant. So hopefully we do well again in the first and second round like last year, just worse positioning is going to make it a bit more difficult.
I wouldn't mind seeing them trade down then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad