GDT: NHL Entry Draft | Day 2

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Might even go Russian? Chibrikov, Kisakov or Plotapov.

But I did not see Pinelli falling out of the 1st. I thought he showed well at the U18s. Some really strange picks towards the end there, I did not really like Wyatt Johnston, Allan was meh. Mailloux an odd one. Not sure Stillman has the upside.

Heimosalmi would be interesting for D too.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Sasha Pastujov, pick him. While Lucius was out he was heads and shoulders best forward at the US national dev team. Put up close to 1.5 ppg. This is a national team that play against ushl and even ncaa teams. That kind of production is no chopped liver.

Watch him play and you see he can shoot, pass and is good at winning puck battles all over the ice. Scouts say he can't skate, which make his production even more impressive. He's producing because he's smart/skilled. Once he gets stronger - he's one of the youngest prospect in the draft, July birthday, his skating will improve.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Honestly. Thinking about it know, but this draft is really showing me how important second rounders are. I would love to be able to grab a few of these guys. Allows so much more freedom.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Stankoven is built like Debrincat and scores goals like Debrincat, but can also fly. Would love him at 40, but I'd be shocked if he was a player we had interest in.
Why? Benning clearly loves small players. He always targets little guys and it’s incredibly annoying.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Stankoven is built like Debrincat and scores goals like Debrincat, but can also fly. Would love him at 40, but I'd be shocked if he was a player we had interest in.
Would love him as well. I wonder if they have concerns about his defensive liability but with a kid that has his head for the game and competitiveness I can’t see why he can’t be coached into at least not being a liability and still be a major offensive threat. Would love him if he is still available. Also would love Morrow or Chibrikov among a few others.

WishfulThinker

Jun 10, 2021
Still some talent on the board for the 2nd round. (In no particular order) Chibrikov, Stankoven, Morrow, Pinelli, Pastujov, Kirsanov, Kisakov, Svozil, Chayka, B Johnson

I personally think Stankoven has the game to overcome his size. Or maybe the Canucks finally get that All-star 2nd Rd defenseman that every other team seems to end up with but us.

FireBenningNow

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Here's my list for round 2, some really interesting players available

1. Logan Stankoven

2. Scott Morrow

3. Nikita Chibrikov

4. Shai Buium
  5. Jack Peart
  6. Francesco Pinelli
  7. Daniil Chayka
  8. Samu Tuomaala
  9. Anton Olsson

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of good names mentioned already. I would also be happy with any of Heimosalmi, Tschigerl, Broz, and Peart.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC

I have a feeling Judd would have been all over him. Pettersson, Hoglander, Hughes all fall in that hyper-skilled, size-concern basket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad