GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2018: The Attitude Era Begins @ 7PM ET June 22, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceHabs

Aug 2, 2015
Montréal
Big day today!

What I would like to see happen:

Trade a Pacioretty (+?) to the Kings for their first + one of the Kings C prospects.
Draft Zadina #3
Move up in the draft with the Kings first and a 2nd to pick Veleno (I know this won't be popular)

So within the first 15 picks we would have 2 C prospects (hopefully #1 and #2 centers) and a top winger prospect.
Or do nothing and let detroit get both players lol

Jul 6, 2016
Isles and Detroit were lucky to get what they had, and that luck was also based on the fact they had two 1st round picks, something MB was unable to achieve.

Kotkaniemi better be good. Not just one Tournament good.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
It was a good first round. We got the top center in the draft in round 1. 4 picks in round 2 coming. A draft isnt judged on one round

Yeah.

(But) We must continue to at least semi-tank.
I actually want a full-scale tankage to win the 2019 draft.

Our missiles are short-range, not ICBMs.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Doesn't even mention the name of the player lol. Just Montreal with a reach, Ottawa with Brady Tkatchuk.
Sportsnet showing the reaction of two Habs fans and saying that Habs fans weren't happy with the Kotkaniemi pick was amateur broadcasting. It sucks not getting Zadina but we got a very good center and didn't go off the board like the Coyotes did.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
We picked the first center. We'll find out if we picked the best center.

I was torn about reaching as the number of the top 10 picks who end up being the top 10 players is always less than 10 and often less than 5. In this case I think we, Ottawa, and Phoenix reached (Hayton is supposed to be high floor low ceiling) and Detroit, Vancouver and Chicago benefited.

We're hoping Kotkaniemi picks up his skating whereas Zadina and Hughes are locks.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Highest player on my list are:

Berggren
Thomas
Noel
Wilde
McIsaac

Had them in the 1st round

I also like Ylonen, Tychonick, Fonstad, Wise

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah I'm scared Kotkaniemi is the Elias Lindholm of the draft.

Kotkaniemi described himself primarily as a playmaker who can find the passing lanes. Canadiens plug hole, selecting Finn Jesperi Kotkaniemi No. 3 overall at NHL draft

“We had a lot of good centres and that’s why I played on the wing,” said Kotkaniemi, who was the third-leading scorer on his team with 10 goals and 29 points.
The youngster said he’ll talk to his coach about spending more time at centre. In this case, the coach is his father, Mikael, a former Liiga player.
“It’s something we’ll talk about over breakfast,” said Kotkaniemi.

Reactions: Ojoisten sonni

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
While I would have liked to trade up to take a shot at Veleno late in the draft or get one of the Islanders 1st,, the Habs are in a great position with 4 seconds to draft players, some of who I never expected to make it to the 2nd round.

The ball is in the Habs court now, if we blow this chance then its fully on us.

Reactions: Redux91

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
We picked the first center. We'll find out if we picked the best center.

I was torn about reaching as the number of the top 10 picks who end up being the top 10 players is always less than 10 and often less than 5. In this case I think we, Ottawa, and Phoenix reached (Hayton is supposed to be high floor low ceiling) and Detroit, Vancouver and Chicago benefited.

We're hoping Kotkaniemi picks up his skating whereas Zadina and Hughes are locks.

Low ceiling on fan mocks maybe.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For the argument that Habs should have moved back into the 1st round, I say that the teams that did move up and down in the draft were teams that moved a 1st round pick for a 1st round pick. There weren't teams that moved only 2nd round picks for a 1st round pick.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I think calling Kotkaniemi a reach is a little odd as he's been a part of the main stream discussion for the top-5 since at least the U18s. Glad we could hunker down and finally go for a center though - even if he "could" have been taken later, I'm not going to say no to a top-10 ranked center. Really excited to see how his skating develops because improvement in that is what's going to take his game to another level. Bergevin made the right call here.

I think we're going to see a lot of arguing on this board about our next two picks.

Next guys on my list are McIsaac, Berggren, Noel, Olofsson, Hallander, McLeod, Roman, Wilde.... So many of the defenceman I wanted are already gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad