GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2018: The Attitude Era Begins @ 7PM ET June 22, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Lol, Bergy is already opening the door to play Kotk LW. Draft+2hours, most be a record.

Really? Did he really say that? Did he look at our center line? Either Kot is ready and play center cause our center line sucks **** or he's not ready and goes back to the SEL.

Man if he really said that he'S dumber than i thought. He's really bad.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Bode Wilde - there's questions about his hockey IQ, which is why he fell. Good skater. Offensive upside. Acceptably physical. Could be another Beaulieu-type hockey IQ wise though.

Not sure who Montreal has interest in now, but hoping we get Berggren with either 35 or 38.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Montreal for sure need to take some fast puck moving D in the second round....McIssac,Demin,Bernard,Tychonick,Romanov.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Honestly, no problem with Kotkaniemi. I've said it before and I'll say it again. At #3 there wasn't a consensus franchise esque player. Just guys a tier after #1-2. The reality however is it's not enough. Even the 4 2nds, not enough.

Habs need another tank year or 2 to really build a new core IMO.

Reactions: Redux91

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Detroit nailed it - Zadina and Veleno are solid pick ups.

I figured it was Kotkaniemi or bust and I’m not upset. We need centers and have two potentially solid ones coming up in Poehling and Kotkaniemi.

Tomorrow will be huge - let’s hope we pick up some solid second rounders. I’d like to get Jared McIsaac as I think he’ll be a solid left defenseman who will fit in on a second pairing. I think we will likely get Bode Wilde too... has all the potential in the world and is a Montreal boy. I see him as a top pairing defenseman some day if he can put some things together.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For that we would need to trade vets. MB is not trading them unless his team is bottom 5 or close at the deadline.

Pacioretty will be able to get them a 1st. And a team may be more willing to trade a 1st a year from now. There is Petry that can get them good pick(s), as well.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I won’t defend Bergevin until he does something to erase the past 3-4 years. But what he did tonight was ballsy. Whether it pays off is the question.

Burke nailed it.. he didn't like the pick, clearly he wasn't the BPA according to most.. and we passed on a lot of goal scoring and talent for this kid.. who BTW is playing wing with the men.. wow did we pass up on talent. I would have taken Wahlstrom 9 times out of 10 over this kid.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
We did reach. It was an out there pick for a top 3 regardless of what we or others think. Question is will the risk pay off? Well we have to let time run.

Kotkaniemi certainly isnt the safest pick at 3rd, he in my opinion was more ideally in the 5-7 range but we'll see. At 3rd overall with our center problem it just made sense going with Kotkaniemi. Time will tell if we should have gone BPA and taken Zadina.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Really? Did he really say that? Did he look at our center line? Either Kot is ready and play center cause our center line sucks **** or he's not ready and goes back to the SEL.

Man if he really said that he'S dumber than i thought. He's really bad.

Well he was generic but... Players drafted center often end up pushed to the wing/hardest position to play/need a 200ft game/blablabla.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Any 2 of Berggren, Olofsson, Hallander, Tychonick, Ylonen, Woo and Addisson would make me very happy.

Hoping we don't take Wilde, Noel, Thomas or McIsaac. I know they were expected to go higher but I'm just not a fan compared to the other available players.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
It's too bad. Imagine going from zero to Kot, Veleno and Poehling within 2 drafts with someone like Danault still young who is a fringe #2?

All above 6' too. Would've been nice but unfortunately wasn't meant to be.

Next year we will draft one of the top center available to complete the center squad : DLR-Danault- Poelhing- Kotkaniemi-First round 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad