GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2018 - June 23rd - 11 AM ET - NHLN/Sportsnet

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
I've been calling that. Ladd will be traded for someone's high priced goalie with a replacement ready to step up. Could be Quick or someone else. One way or another, Isles will have an all star type goalie on opening night.

I was joking. No one is trading a good player for Ladd. I think the Kings also aren't ready to blow their team up yet. But re-signing JT, then adding Quick + Calvin Pickard + Jacob Trouba would turn Lamoriello into an Islander god.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Tampa's pick so obscure it broke the draft there for a moment

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
How did so many high ranked players not get drafted?

Giles, Eggenberger, Galeniuk....

Lots of top 50 ranked players didn’t get drafted. Way more off the board picks this draft than I can remember. Odd.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Here's a fun game for everyone.

Two players, same age, both played in the OHL this past year.

One went 5th overall, in Barrett Hayton.

One went undrafted, in Nathan Dunkley.

Can you even guess which is which?
What

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
How did so many high ranked players not get drafted?

Giles, Eggenberger, Galeniuk....

Lots of top 50 ranked players didn’t get drafted. Way more off the board picks this draft than I can remember. Odd.

Perhaps being high ranked means all team actually send people to watch you. And it becomes either-or: Either they put you on their list. And pick you relatively high. Or they say: well, we don't pick that guy. When the crap-shooting starts late, you pick someone you barely haven't evalueted from the list instead.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
There was lots of hype about Veleno years ago . some had him top 5 back then. I didn't see him anywhere close to that .he went to the 2nd rd. A kid from my backyard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad