NHL endorsing party lifestyle with official alcoholic shot

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
The NHL now has an official liquor shot
The NHL now has an official liquor shot

Apparently Caps and VGK are also onboard.

I've seen Jagermeister advertised on TV during hockey games previously.

Does NHL have any say in what advertisements are shown during hockey games ? My impression is that networks would sell the time slot to maximize their revenues.

As if NHL wasn't cash hungry, this just shows that there is no ''wrong'' mean of making money. And we have a debate about ads on jerseys...

Reactions: Voight

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
The NHL and its teams are allowed to endorse whichever company they desire. Obviously this is targeted at fans of the NHL not the actual players.

"Here have a shot and enjoy watching an NHL game, fans!"

Obviously they don't endorse their players drinking, it has nothing to do with the players.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Considering Molson owns Habs who play at what used to be known as Molson Centre, endorsing alcoholic beverages should not be too surprising.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
tenor.gif

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I wish NHL had a strict anti-Alcohol policy. Few things cause as many bad things to happen as alcohol. Additionally, it's expensive and simply unhealthy, if only due to the empty calories.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm Just mad they went for Jaegermeister instead of... I don't know, Johnnie Walker.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
I have no problem with alcohol sponsorships, it is on the consumer to enjoy responsibly. What next, going after Kraft for making junk food? After all, Gordon Biersch created a custom beer for the Sharks.
d63852783065188584abb013a066c563

Reactions: LeftHeartInSF

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
I have no problem with alcohol sponsorships, it is on the consumer to enjoy responsibly. What next, going after Kraft for making junk food? After all, Gordon Biersch created a custom beer for the Sharks.

[Image snipped for bandwidth]

The 'local' brewery has a 'custom' beer...
(if you call adding red coloring to one of its existing beers - :laugh:) for the Coyotes, too...

Source:
santanbrewing.com/yotespaleale/

Reactions: Slimmy

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
I wish NHL had a strict anti-Alcohol policy. Few things cause as many bad things to happen as alcohol. Additionally, it's expensive and simply unhealthy, if only due to the empty calories.

Fun. And alcohol isn't expensive in moderation, which is the key.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, this isn't that big a deal. You already have had beer companies sponsor Hockey Night in Canada. The Molson Family owns the Canadiens. Nothing wrong with this.

Oh, awesome touch on the naming of this sub board, good stuff.

Reactions: Painful Quandary

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
d63852783065188584abb013a066c563

The 'local' brewery has a 'custom' beer...
(if you call adding red coloring to one of its existing beers - :laugh:) for the Coyotes, too...

Source:
santanbrewing.com/yotespaleale/

I've been to San Tan & tried their Coyotes Pale Ale, but haven't had the Gordon Biersch Chum. Anyone here try it? I love red ales!

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
I, for one, endorse the new party lifestyle overlords.

Prize question: in which European pro league that employs AHL calibre players from Canada and other countries (including first round picks from the NHL draft) can you find advertisements for a brothel right between ads for car dealers and TV broadcasters?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad