GDT: NHL Draft - Round 2 - 11:30 AM ET - NHLN (US), SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
No one’s bullying the player. We’re complaining about the “brain trust” that drafted him.

I'm saying the Bruins front office are the ones bullying the players. They make a pick that you know your entire fan base will hate. Not that I'm saying the fan base should decide who they pick, but Sweeney keeps overdrafting these players where they're guaranteed to have fans go on social media and slam the kids. It's not the player's fault that they were picked where they were, but they're the ones who have to deal with it.

FinnBear

Feb 21, 2016
If Sweeney really tried to trade Debrusk for a first rounder this draft instead of using him to upgrading a position, it leads me to believe there is nothing else coming down the pipeline tradewise. No OEL, no Virtanen....
At this point, a first round pick holds no value to a team trying to keeping open contender window for 2-3 years and Debrusk is one of our major trade chips. Its probably a good thing he didn't get a first rounder because he would have just taken Lohrei right then and there.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
So, can we just assume Tampa jumping in to grab Finley is the reason Sweeney shit his pants and took the guy at the bottom of the spreadsheet instead of the top?

I really, truly hope that the Bruins weren't planning on Finley. Maybe Tampa knew Boston wanted him. I sure hope not because if he works out, he's going to be a real gem.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Like it didn't suck enough that we had no 1st (thanks to that infinite wisdom )

But now we gotta go and squander the second as well.
Sweeney's track record with reaches, that he shouldn't be allowed to make decisions and enough that someone just hands him a scouting report and tell him to pick the next guy on the list that's not taken...

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Like it didn't suck enough that we had no 1st (thanks to that infinite wisdom )

But now we gotta go and squander the second as well.

Yes but they probably would have picked this guy in the 1st round, so now it's like they got rid of Backes for a late 2nd ;)

Reactions: Ivo

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
For sure. I am actually surprised they let me slide to the third round. I am also 6’4” and a bruising 240 lbs. You don’t just pass over that type of size (albeit most of those pounds are located in my belly)
I have no chance you are sweeny perfect type ....stay close

Reactions: Ivo

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Honestly if you are Sweeney your scouts tell you get this guy, you look at the central scouting ratings at 132 among American skaters and nearly 400 overall and not say hey guys it looks like we can get him with a later pick maybe just go best available with this one and still get your pick.

Green Bay.png
Put up more points than Schmaltz as an overager.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I really, truly hope that the Bruins weren't planning on Finley. Maybe Tampa knew Boston wanted him. I sure hope not because if he works out, he's going to be a real gem.
Such a string bean, but there's a lot to like there.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Ekman-Lasson wants trade by Friday

The Coyotes’ captain has imposed a Friday deadline for a trade to be completed with either Boston or Vancouver. If no deal is completed by then, he will remain with the Coyotes.
That news comes from Ekman-Larsson’s agent, Kevin Epp, who made that comment to TSN.
Ekman-Larsson has the power to make that sort of deadline because he has a no-trade clause that allows him to dictate where he goes. The Canucks and Bruins have reportedly been the only two teams he has been willing to accept a trade to, with Vancouver reportedly being his preferred destination.
The 29-year-old defenseman has seven years remaining on his current contract that pays him $8.25 million per season.
The Canucks would almost certainly need to move some salary to take on that contract.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
On the bright side, this board hated the Danton Heinen pick and that one worked out. But he was a 4th rounder and this guy is a second.

He's arguably the 2nd biggest reach in Bruins draft history, after Seny.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Just about very pick that followed was a better pick Donny

well we won't know until a few years later

Lohrei accomplished quite a bit last season at the USHL from what I'm seeing. 2nd all team. 2nd in all D scoring (to Owen Power who is considered a potential top 3 pick for next season draft). I don't think the overage is a big deal. Jan 2001 born

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
well we won't know until a few years later

Lohrei accomplished quite a bit last season at the USHL from what I'm seeing. 2nd all team. 2nd in all D scoring (to Owen Power who is considered a potential top 3 pick for next season draft). I don't think the overage is a big deal. Jan 2001 born

He could have been had in the 6th round is what the problem is.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
What are you talking about? The USHL sends TONS of players into D1 college hockey.
Maybe they do, but are they 19 years old when they go to D1?
Give me one example of a 19 yr old from the USHL that went on to play D1 and then make the NHL as a regular.
The point I am making is that it looks like the Bruins wasted another pick ( I hope I am totally wrong) in the second round on an overage player playing at the lowest possible level of junior hockey.

Reactions: 3B

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
loads of German prospects chosen so far.... Bruins haven't had a German player on the team since Sturm, Seidenberg correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad