GDT: NHL Draft Lottery 2018 - 7:30 PM ET - Also 2nd Intermission

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Seems weird that only one of those Atlantic teams were mentioned. Almost like there was an inherent agenda in there. It's not rocket science, but I'm not sure you were able to catch that or not
I'm a simple guy.

You asked a question, I answered it.

I'm not the one who wrote the initial post that you quoted.

To repeat, it said "Torontos summer just got worse" and you asked "how ?"

Jan 21, 2018
Go Leafs Go ?

Next year maybe ?

Or will it always be "Wait for next year !" ?

lol is a habs fan trying to talk smack about the leafs, did you even look at your roster and your gm?

not even the 3rd overall pick will change that mess.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
Yeah ok because having 2OV in wich one would of been 1st overall in most of the draft, and 3 other top 10 in the last 5 years isn’t enough, you realy realy need to win 1st overall to say you had a chance to rebuild. All Bergevins stupid move and trading away Subban for scrap is enough suffering for at least getting a 2Ov, see unlike you, yes of course i would have been crazy ****ing haply with 1Ov and dahlin, i would of bought his jersey the next day and woulnt of been able to sleep for a week, i didn’t sleep last night for the bad reason. But i would of settle for 2nd OV be happy and call it a night. Thats the difference.
So why should the habs be rewarded because they’re gm is an incompetent moron ? If they had subban and sergachev they’d be well on their way to being competitive. Now they’re just going to have to sit through the dark days.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
So why should the habs be rewarded because they’re gm is an incompetent moron ? If they had subban and sergachev they’d be well on their way to being competitive. Now they’re just going to have to sit through the dark days.
So why should buffalo be rewared for having 2nd overall and not winning first overall and aleayd drafting in the top 10 all the time and still can’t win with a bunch of talent! Damn it sucks so bad having to draft guys like eichel, mittelstadt, risto, reinhart! Give them a 1st overall already these kids had it rough!!

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
So why should buffalo be rewared for having 2nd overall and not winning first overall and aleayd drafting in the top 10 all the time and still can’t win with a bunch of talent! Damn it sucks so bad having to draft guys like eichel, mittelstadt, risto, reinhart! Give them a 1st overall already these kids had it rough!!
I’m not a buffalo fan so I won’t comment on them. But from what I gather for hab fans is that they are almost furious that they didn’t win the lottery. I don’t understand why the entitled opinion ? They moved up to 3 from 4. They only had a 9% chance to win anyway.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I’m not a buffalo fan so I won’t comment on them. But from what I gather for hab fans is that they are almost furious that they didn’t win the lottery. I don’t understand why the entitled opinion ? They moved up to 3 from 4. They only had a 9% chance to win anyway.
yes it's frustating being a team who tries to win and draft mediocre every year and try to patch our holes to win, end up having a shit prospect pool becasue we try our best to win and every time we have a huge down year, the same Bottom team with bunch of good prospect gets rewarded year after year and they still continue to suck while they aren't suppose to. Habs aren't the same in this boat, Ottawa derserved better, vancouver did, detroit did, Hell even the rangers. How do people say YEAH buffalo deserve it they've been stolen twice in 5 year for the 1st overall... last 5 years are top 10 with 2OV...

Like i said like anyone i was hoping for dahlin REALY bad, But i would of settle down and be happy with 2nd overall with our our nearly 75% chances to do so...

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
@TheJackAttack

Congrats!

I can tell you one thing, you'll be winning a lot of debates with Dahlin. :laugh:

Thanks but I really don’t feel the need defending guys who aren’t underrated or that people know a lot about.

The only time you’ll see me defending him (Dahlin) is if people assume he’s not playing well because they don’t watch him (if he is playing well of course) just cause the sabres remain bad to mediocre.

But now with mittlestadt Dahlin and eichel and a couple others I think our team may be more watchable

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
yes it's frustating being a team who tries to win and draft mediocre every year and try to patch our holes to win, end up having a **** prospect pool becasue we try our best to win and every time we have a huge down year, the same Bottom team with bunch of good prospect gets rewarded year after year and they still continue to suck while they aren't suppose to. Habs aren't the same in this boat, Ottawa derserved better, vancouver did, detroit did, Hell even the rangers. How do people say YEAH buffalo deserve it they've been stolen twice in 5 year for the 1st overall... last 5 years are top 10 with 2OV...

Like i said like anyone i was hoping for dahlin REALY bad, But i would of settle down and be happy with 2nd overall with our our nearly 75% chances to do so...

Because it takes more than a year to acquire a core and build around it. Drafting high isn’t a magic cure all.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
yes it's frustating being a team who tries to win and draft mediocre every year and try to patch our holes to win, end up having a **** prospect pool becasue we try our best to win and every time we have a huge down year, the same Bottom team with bunch of good prospect gets rewarded year after year and they still continue to suck while they aren't suppose to. Habs aren't the same in this boat, Ottawa derserved better, vancouver did, detroit did, Hell even the rangers. How do people say YEAH buffalo deserve it they've been stolen twice in 5 year for the 1st overall... last 5 years are top 10 with 2OV...

I mean at the end of the day , Buffalo is there because they suck. I’m sure the fans don’t WANT zoo suck. There’s no award for having the best prospect pool (although I’m sure many here think there is). The goal is to win the cup. An 18 year old kid isn’t going to win them a cup.

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018

If the habs want the top picks they have to commit to sucking. This is more or less an off year, no ? If they want a top prospect they need to fully rebuild. Blow it up , scorch earth approach. That means trading Carey price for starters. Buffalo committed to sucking years ago, before the Mcdavid draft. Since they drafted eichel, they have shown absolutely 0 signs of improving. They are the absolute KINGS of sucking. That takes some serious skill , from an absolute pathetic franchise. The only one I truly feel sorry for here is dahlin , kids career is ruined before it begins.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Swing and a miss.

The bolded part is another urban legend.

They did not for all practical purposes.

Read and learn: French Canadian 'rule' for the Habs-load of BS

Also, all the players I listed were obtained after the institution after the institution of the Amateur/Entry Draft.

Before that draft was created, the one thing Montréal understood was the need to spend money to create a strong farm system.

Go Leafs Go ?

Next year maybe ?

Or will it always be "Wait for next year !" ?

You are correct.

However as it was sponsorship back then, where would the locals most like to play, and what team did they aspire to play for?

Please don't get so defensive, and thanks for putting it in it's correct context for us.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
You are correct.

However as it was sponsorship back then, where would the locals most like to play, and what team did they aspire to play for?

Please don't get so defensive, and thanks for putting it in it's correct context for us.

Correcting an ignorance mistake is getting defensive ?

Tough crowd.

But sponsorship is an entirely different ball game.

You have to be willing to spend money, both to sponsor the teams and to sign the players.

The Canadiens sponsored teams not only in Québec, but also in other provinces.

There's a reason why they had so many players from the Prairies.

By number of games played: Tom Johnson, Elmer Lach, Terry Harper, Bert Olmstead, John Ferguson, Billy Reay, Ted Harris, Ken Reardon, Bill Hicke etc...

They spent the money and got the results.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Correcting an ignorance mistake is getting defensive ?

Tough crowd.

But sponsorship is an entirely different ball game.

You have to be willing to spend money, both to sponsor the teams and to sign the players.

The Canadiens sponsored teams not only in Québec, but also in other provinces.

There's a reason why they had so many players from the Prairies.

By number of games played: Tom Johnson, Elmer Lach, Terry Harper, Bert Olmstead, John Ferguson, Billy Reay, Ted Harris, Ken Reardon, Bill Hicke etc...

They spent the money and got the results.
Again, you make some fair points.

Again your anger surfaces. Let it go Luke......

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
Canucks owner should have hired Tambellini for a day instead of the 2 turds he rolled out the last bunch of lotteries.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

I'm sorry all of our young guys couldn't carry our franchise yet...I mean most aren't even close to their primes or haven't even gotten a great chance to play often yet. How would the Sabres acquire a great player when most of them have teams like the Sabres on their list of teams not to trade to or don't bother to sign with the Sabres. The worst teams almost always have to overpay for UFAs and that ends up with the Sabres having worse contracts to fit depth into.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Carolina at #2 is going to be very interesting who they pick?

I could see them going in either direction fwd or D.

To me it's Boqvist or Zadina or Svechnikov? Or they may surprise and go with Tkachuk who has attributes players rarely have.

I think Boqvist is the 2nd best player in this draft. I would take him. But they could go either way.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Why are you complaining? Your Habs jumped up a spot.

Ottawa dropped two spots in a year where we traded away a good prospect and a first round draft pick to win it all this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad