GDT: NHL Draft Lottery 2018 - 7:30 PM ET - Also 2nd Intermission

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Carolina at #2 is going to be very interesting who they pick?

I could see them going in either direction fwd or D.

To me it's Boqvist or Zadina or Svechnikov? Or they may surprise and go with Tkachuk who has attributes players rarely have.

I think Boqvist is the 2nd best player in this draft. I would take him. But they could go either way.
Is this a joke ? Svechnikov goes 1st overall in any recent draft without McDavid/Laine or Matthews.

And yes, he’s better than Eichel.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Why are you complaining? Your Habs jumped up a spot.

Ottawa dropped two spots in a year where we traded away a good prospect and a first round draft pick to win it all this year.
Read the post it literally says ottawa deserved better, buffalo and oilers just had enough, thats my point.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Just a FYI to everyone hating on Buffalo....even after finishing last 3 out of the last 5 seasons the Sabres are still SEVENTH in league history in points %. A few years ago they were 4th best in league history. I will enjoy Dahlin, Eichel and Mittelstadt the next 10 years :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: if this is a joke well done. If not ... :help:

Joke of an organization along with edm, if Dahlin can’t save them... idk who will

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Carolina at #2 is going to be very interesting who they pick?

I could see them going in either direction fwd or D.

To me it's Boqvist or Zadina or Svechnikov? Or they may surprise and go with Tkachuk who has attributes players rarely have.

I think Boqvist is the 2nd best player in this draft. I would take him. But they could go either way.
You're nuts if you take a look at our defense and our forwards and still go "hmmm, I could see them taking a defenseman" when Svechnikov is on the board.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Antoine - 2 seasons QMJHL 105 games, 157 points; 1 season AHL 74 games, 51 points - total 179 games, 208 points
Jack - 2 seasons USDP 111 games 137 points, 1 season Boston U 40 games 71 points - total 177 games, 208 points

I don't know how QMJHL and USDP compare, or a season of AHL v. a season at BU, but they look pretty darn close on the surface.

Both ranked #2 in Central Scouting.

Eichel 6'2 196
Svechnikov 6'3 184

Both with elite speed, Eichel better playmaker. Svhechinkov shoots first but also quality playmaker?

Haha what the hell are you talking about??

First of, who is antoine? Second of all if you wanted to say Andrei svechnikov, the stats you just showed us was his brother evgeni, if you we’re indeed talking about evgeni svechnikov, well its even more funny because eichel >> A.svech >>>>> E.svech.

If you were talking about andrei and put evgeni stats by accident, well i feel sorry for you because your trying to sell me a 2018 draft eligible player by showing me AHL number!

Anyway im lost, so many wrong things about your post.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He can’t hold Eichel’s jock.
I wouldn't go quite that far, but yes Eichel is considerably better. People really don't realize just how ridiculously good Eichel is. He is almost a PPG player for among the worst offensive team in living memory. But the most incredible thing I saw him do last year (and he did it several times) was chase guys down like a bat out of hell on a breakaway and dispossess the guy of the puck.

Reactions: Kyndig

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I wouldn't go quite that far, but yes Eichel is considerably better. People really don't realize just how ridiculously good Eichel is. He is almost a PPG player for among the worst offensive team in living memory. But the most incredible thing I saw him do last year (and he did it several times) was chase guys down like a bat out of hell on a breakaway and dispossess the guy of the puck.

Hilarious. Not mentioning that Eichel is already a franchise center, someone thinks a winger who played in juniors is better then a center who has dominated against men for the last 4 years :laugh: (3 in the NHL and one in college when he just destroyed everyone and won hobey baker and was the best college player period since Paul Kariya. Get real, Svechnikov is not close to Eichel.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
philhouse.png

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Wait wait wait waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiit... I've been waiting soooo long to use this on someone after years of experience on the Trade Board.

"If he's such a good player, why hasn't he led them to the playoffs, yet"

oh man, that felt good. Did I use it right? Felt like I used it right.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Wait wait wait waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiit... I've been waiting soooo long to use this on someone after years of experience on the Trade Board.

"If he's such a good player, why hasn't he led them to the playoffs, yet"

oh man, that felt good. Did I use it right? Felt like I used it right.
It was every bit as absurd as pretty much every time that line is ever used, so you used it perfectly!!!

Reactions: DaveG

Insomniac99

Oct 26, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
Just a FYI to everyone hating on Buffalo....even after finishing last 3 out of the last 5 seasons the Sabres are still SEVENTH in league history in points %. A few years ago they were 4th best in league history.

Don't forget, the Golden Knights skewed that list as well because of their single season record. Without them, the Sabres would still be 6th in the league for lifetime record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad