GDT: NHL Draft Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Vince is reporting that the Eichel situation is at a standstill. Buffalo not willing to accept a more modest proposal.

He then of course suggests the possibility of adding Kakko to seal the deal :help:

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Vince is reporting that the Eichel situation is at a standstill. Buffalo not willing to accept a more modest proposal.

He then of course suggests the possibility of adding Kakko to seal the deal :help:

That would certainly seal the deal :laugh::laugh::laugh: Sabres take that package and run

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
It’s the GMs job to evaluate which players will be good to lock-up long term. Gorton thought 3 guys earned long-term deals, Girardi, Staal and Kreider. If a GM can’t judge if a player is worth investing in after having him in the organization for 2-3 years he should have a job.

Meanwhile, he signed a bunch of bridge deals that turned out to be disasters. Buch wanted a long term deal two years ago. Was he even a 4m player? How much is he worth today with 3 years left at 4-5m? That is a lot of assets thrown away.

This isn’t revisionist history, it’s indisputable facts. Something was very flawed with Gorton’s approach, and Drury shouldn’t be blamed for it. Staal, Girardi and Kreider got the long term deals.

If you only sign kids to bridge deals they will always get paid what they are worth and you will never have someone on a good contract.

Staal and Girardi were both Sather's work.

Reactions: NYR2007

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
I think we will be looking for a 3C still as I think Strome will move to 2RW, on a line with Chytil as 2C. Strome would take the faceoffs to help Chytil out. Kreider and Kravtsov on the 3rd line, but I still think they need a center. And then I think most of the guys like Goodrow, Blais, Rooney, Gauthier etc.. are 4th line and depth. And guys like Rooney and Goodrow have no problem playing wing. I don't think we need another 4th line player. We have enough of them. Especially with the possibility of Barron getting a chance.
Moving Strome to RW on the 2nd line and moving Chytil to center the 2nd line with weaken this team and expose even more the flaws that reared its ugly head last year. Strome is not a good skater and his forechecking stinks. Can you really see him going into the corners and getting the pucks? Chytil to me is not a center and his future is at the wing. And BTW Strome's faceoff percentage was pretty piss poor so now you would have 2 pretty piss poor guys on the same line. We need to stop trying to fit square pegs in round holes here and have legitimate players playing their position of strength. The best move is to get a legit number 2 center otherwise the moves you mentioned make your second line really a 3rd line even though we have not figured out who the center would be between Kreider and Kravtsov.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Gorton was basically in charge and kept up the same approach after Slats left.
No he didn’t.

Slats would have extended Nash, McDonagh and Zucc. He also wouldn’t have traded Stepan or Brassard. We wouldn’t have Kakko or Laf. We’d be over the cap right now auctioning off bad contracts with picks.

Reactions: BobSantos

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
That would certainly seal the deal :laugh::laugh::laugh: Sabres take that package and run

I really think this upcoming season is going to be the breakout season for both Kakko and Lafreniere. I realize that's wishful, but Kakko was amazing at everything except scoring last season, and Lafreniere really started to look the part later in the season.

I think 20-20 for Kakko and 25-25 for Lafreniere next year is very achievable, and it's only going up from there. Get Alexei on the top PP unit.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Anyone see that Carp is reporting that Panarin and Shesty were "livid" over Buch trade?

The Rangers organization bent over backwards for Panarin after the hit piece. He should keep that in mind. He's an employee. He doesn't have a management position. He kind of can't go to the KHL because he's persona non grata in Russia.

These guys aren't going to sit out their multi million dollar contracts because their friend is gone. No one in Tampa would do that because it's in the culture. Lou Lamariello would boot these guys to the ECHL.

If they sulk in camp, Gallant isn't going to have it.

If they really are that soft and threaten to not play, sit out, breach of contract. Then there's a bigger issue with the organization as a whole.

Igor is awesome, I've loved him since the day he was drafted, but he hasn't proven to be a full time veteran starter yet.

I had a coworker leave and we were very close, like flirtatious close, etc. so a little different with a lady and dude rather than three dudes here. I was bummed for a few days and definitely had a "silent pouting" period and someone even said he thought I would quit, but it's a job, you get over it. No one gave a crap how I felt. People leave all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: I Eat Crow

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We’re not done until Strome is moved. We’re not winning anything with that guy and then Chytil in the middle. We need a legit two way guy in the middle of this lineup.

Danault is the perfect fit really is. Even the numbers being discussed 5.25 to 6 mil somewhere in there fits a 2C number perfectly for us with the wings we’re going to have to pay.

And I love the idea of Chytil playing with Goodrow who can slide in and take dzone face offs for him and be the conscious on that line. I’d put kravtsov on the other wing. They’ll score plenty. You don’t need a dedicated checking line. Playing Danault with kakko and lafreniere to me would be a heck of a match up line. Kakko is already one of the best defensive wings in the league no one knows about. Then load up top with Panarin Mika and kreider

Panarin Zibanejad Kreider
Lafreniere Danault Kakko
Goodrow Chytil Kravtsov
Barron Rooney Blais
Gauthier

I’d love Cizikas pushing Rooney to the 13th spot but I like Rooney I wanted him protected so I’m comfortable with him at 4C and Cizikas might be too expensive.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Why? If you must have Eichel to win a Cup, why are not any other team in the league bidding for him?
I phrased it wrong. I meant it makes Eichel more enticing, not inevitable.

But you are using bad logic. First, other teams are in on Jack. Second, there isn't a formula for a cup. I didn't one single time write that Jack was a "must" to win a cup so I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: Ola

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
We’re not done until Strome is moved. We’re not winning anything with that guy and then Chytil in the middle. We need a legit two way guy in the middle of this lineup.

Danault is the perfect fit really is. Even the numbers being discussed 5.25 to 6 mil somewhere in there fits a 2C number perfectly for us with the wings we’re going to have to pay.

And I love the idea of Chytil playing with Goodrow who can slide in and take dzone face offs for him and be the conscious on that line. I’d put kravtsov on the other wing. They’ll score plenty. You don’t need a dedicated checking line. Playing Danault with kakko and lafreniere to me would be a heck of a match up line. Kakko is already one of the best defensive wings in the league no one knows about. Then load up top with Panarin Mika and kreider
Makes a hell of a lot more sense that putting Strome on the RW.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
No he didn’t.

Slats would have extended Nash, McDonagh and Zucc. He also wouldn’t have traded Stepan or Brassard. We wouldn’t have Kakko or Laf. We’d be over the cap right now auctioning off bad contracts with picks.

We don’t have a single good contract on the books, we have to trade all players for cents on the dollar, and the only long contract we signed were given to close to 30 vets.

You like our contract management? The same guys that applauded the bridge deals are complying about the return for Buch.

How will the Ziba situation be handled? It’s damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Why? His last contract is a nightmare. Right when we are supposed to start to contend he becomes a UFA at the worst possible age.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
@DutchShamrock Sorry, I do this all the time, reply to a post since it’s on the same topic as I am going to post on. Then after I’ve written my reply it turns out to be about something else than the post I replied to but I forget to erase the post I quoted. My bad. :)

Reactions: DutchShamrock

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

he said Buffalo is holding firm. It’s at a standstill. If they included Kakko, that would prob change things but he doubts the Rangers would. That’s just another way of saying they’re way off on asking price.

people are flipping on him in the Twitter replies as if he said trade Kakko for Eichel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad