Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
avatars-000683505551-qg5uh8-t500x500.jpg

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Salty as f*** about yesterday, but i'm not gonna let it ruin my weekend (more than it already did).

Trade Strome to get back into the 2nd, grab one of Chibrikov, Raty, Pinelli, or if they're all gone, Heimosalmi

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The Othmann pick was a good pick, may not have been a need pick, but in addition to being a PITA to play against, hes got skill as well.

I get that we needed a center, but this was not a reach by any stretch

Reactions: Rsswmu

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The Othmann pick was a good pick, may not have been a need pick, but in addition to being a PITA to play against, hes got skill as well.

I get that we needed a center, but this was not a reach by any stretch

I woke up feeling better about yesterday. I still don’t love it, but the organization is executing a clear vision and we’ll just have to wait and see if it works out.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Reinhart to Florida is about to happen. Completely understandable if GMs only want to work on one deal at a time. Precarious situation in Buffalo, gotta be meticulous. Once this Reinhart one is finalized I think we see one serious final shove to move Eichel this offseason window.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I woke up feeling better about yesterday. I still don’t love it, but the organization is executing a clear vision and we’ll just have to wait and see if it works out.
I feel this way as well. The Lindgren contract was good, the hires have been good, the PR has been good, and I like Goodrow more than most it seems.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
The 16th pick is whatever. This was going to be a draft class where scouting was more important because they havent seen half these kids in a year. If he was in the Rangers top 10, so be it. They took their BPA.

The Buch trade still stings, but we need the kids to get top 6 minutes and we need more of a forecheck. There is a clear plan.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The Rangers have their skill guys in Panarin, Lafreniere, Kakko, and Zib. Chytil's got some good hands too. Fox on defense. Lundkvist if he's not dealt.

The team has skill out the ears. Time to supplement that skill with some jam and truculence.

That said, you find those players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. In the 1st, you take the BPA, period. Wallstedt, Lucius, or Lysell should have been the pick here, in order of preference for me. No use in crying over spilled milk though.

I hope Othmann becomes a valuable middle six winger that works his ass off, is a pest while toeing but not crossing the line, and can add some pop offensively. I'm rooting for him, he seems like a good kid.

He's a major breakout candidate, by the way. I think his point totals go up quite a bit with more ice time next season.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Based off what BBK said in the last thread, I can see something like this opening night..

Laf-Zbad-Kakko
Panarin-Danault-Goodrow
Kreider-Chytil-Kravtsov
Blais-Rooney/Barron-Reaves/Barron

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Soucy-Lundkvist
MacDermid

Shesty
Halak

:dunno:

Status