NHL Draft Combine May 29th-June 3rd

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
798a23b3413d9911f4aae7fe5a1d2933.jpg

I don't understand how anyone couldn't love the living **** out of that guy.

Couts is pretty cool too.

:naughty:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Patrick hating country music makes me like him even more.

I'm starting to be firmly pro-Patrick which means NJ is going to come around on him, draft him, and he will have a Hall of Fame career while Hischier is the next JVR for us.

:cry:

I agree. Country music is just the worse. Old school outlaw country music was good but this new modern pop country music is just crap. Every damn song is about girls, pick up trucks, beer, whiskey, and some other nonsense. You can pencil me in the pro Nolan camp simply due to this.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
None of the three -- Kimmelman, Morreale, and Lepage -- have Erik Brannstrom going in the first round.

That would be utter INSANITY. I don't care if the Flyers have strong defensive prospect depth, if he falls like that I'd be trying to trade up like crazy to snag him. You don't let a talent like that slip, especially in this draft.

This definitely jumped out to me too, along with Comtois making all 3 mocks at 25, 25, and 27.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I don't think their mock drafts are all that good usually. They're quite poor actually. Mock drafts are usually wrong, futile exercises in general, but it's more about the logic behind them, and their mocks can be suspect in that department. I know that every single year they have us taking the Crouse/Jones type. So, I pretty much ignore them :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't think their mock drafts are all that good usually. They're quite poor actually. Mock drafts are usually wrong, futile exercises in general, but it's more about the logic behind them, and their mocks can be suspect in that department. I know that every single year they have us taking the Crouse/Jones type. So, I pretty much ignore them :laugh:

Yep. Never fails. Flyers take the "big strong Flyer type forward" and its just nonsense.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
"Good" mocks are pretty much useless because 9/10 of them are the same with one or two people flipped, but a "bad" mock stands out pretty easily. Usually when one of these idiots tries to be too cute and original.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Outside of the top 10 most mocks are useless. Teams don't even really know what the hell they're going to do or what other teams will do heading into that. Obviously the Boston debacle in 2015 completely threw everybody a curve ball & teams reacted off that. You saw some teams make some trades in the back half of the first round as a domino effect with better players on the board than expected.

Button typically comes close to nailing the top ten as draft comes along but I would say that he's doing so with good info from what's out there in most cases.

pinedak

Dec 4, 2014
Outside of the top 10 most mocks are useless. Teams don't even really know what the hell they're going to do or what other teams will do heading into that. Obviously the Boston debacle in 2015 completely threw everybody a curve ball & teams reacted off that.

I'm thinking it's gonna be very funny when picks 107-109 in 2018 collectively turn out better than picks 13-15 from 2015, because Hexy.

Looking at the lists I think it's a mistake to have Pettersson outside the top 10 and Yamamoto outside the top 15.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
I agree. Country music is just the worse. Old school outlaw country music was good but this new modern pop country music is just crap. Every damn song is about girls, pick up trucks, beer, whiskey, and some other nonsense. You can pencil me in the pro Nolan camp simply due to this.

Yup, I'm still a Nico guy but this definitely made it a whole lot closer. Country music is ****!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
i'm thinking it's gonna be very funny when picks 107-109 in 2018 collectively turn out better than picks 13-15 from 2015, because hexy.

Looking at the lists i think it's a mistake to have pettersson outside the top 10 and yamamoto outside the top 15.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
"Good" mocks are pretty much useless because 9/10 of them are the same with one or two people flipped, but a "bad" mock stands out pretty easily. Usually when one of these idiots tries to be too cute and original.

There's really no such thing as a good or bad mock (with obvious exceptions if someone lists a bunch of third round guys in the first). They're just guessing. Most mocks have the same guys going in slightly different orders with a handful of the same guys getting swapped out with another handful of the same guys. And while some people may have someone go way higher than you'd think or way lower than you'd think, you gotta take a shot at it because when draft night comes this usually happens, it is just a matter of guessing which guy or guys fall or rise. I don't think I saw a single mock draft with Puljujarvi going 4th last year and that in all likelihood shook up the rest of the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad