GDT: NHL DRAFT 2022 - PICKS - 15, 80, 112, 144, 176, 208

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
This russian story is a massive thing to watch right now, Could significantly effect the draft spots for a ton of high end Russian players.
I think you need to be a team that has numerous high picks or significant rope with your fanbase and ownership to be able to take a long-term flyer on one right now.

Reactions: Nucker101 and MS

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I think you need to be a team that has numerous high picks or significant rope with your fanbase and ownership to be able to take a long-term flyer on one right now.

Very curious to see how many Russians Montreal and Arizona take.

Reactions: Peen

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I'm leaving work early tomorrow and have secured approval, from my wife, to watch this quietly in my office. I've never been more excited for a draft.

2014 was pretty exciting. As I said at the time "This draft could accelerate the rebuild so we don't spend too many years tanking." Weeellll......
------
I'd love to draft Noah Ostlund, but I feel like we should move down in the draft and try to recoup some additional picks if that's our guy.

Reactions: Vector

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Yup. The rich get richer most likely.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
It's always a good day when your team adds a first round player with potential.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
2014 was pretty exciting. As I said at the time "This draft could accelerate the rebuild so we don't spend too many years tanking." Weeellll......
------
I'd love to draft Noah Ostlund, but I feel like we should move down in the draft and try to recoup some additional picks if that's our guy.

could see ostlund going to columbus at 12. the athletic beat writer for detroit even suggested that depending on who falls/doesn't, they could look at him at 8...

so based on that and very little else, would probably be happy with that pick at 15, although i do worry about our swedish management team having a home bias

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's still hard to believe that the last time the Canucks picked in the first round was 2019.....and also lost two second round picks in the Tofoli-OEL trades. That's a lot of prospect pool depth flushed away for a lottery team.

Hopefully the days of trading first round draft picks is at an end, for at least the next few seasons. Canucks desperately need more prospect depth at almost every position.

Reactions: David Bruce Banner

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
It's still hard to believe that the last time the Canucks picked in the first round was 2019.....and also lost two second round picks in the Tofoli-OEL trades. That's a lot of prospect pool depth flushed away for a lottery team.

Hopefully the days of trading first round draft picks is at an end, for at least the next few seasons. Canucks desperately need more prospect depth at almost every position.

Yup, it’s brutal. Dim… 🤦🏻

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad