GDT: NHL Draft 2019 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandR

May 15, 2011
I’m not trying to sound like a broken record, but losing 14 spots in a draft - almost half an entire round - just to pick up an additional 5th is ****ing stupid.
It’s not stupid if there is at least one player still there at 64 that they had their eye on if they had kept their pick at 50.

If so, then it’s a free 5th round pick.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Na, Timmins doesn't have much say. He gives his list to MB and MB manages the picks regardless of what Timmins wants. Player scouting is all on Timmins, pick management is all on MB.

So for example MB looks at the names on Timmins list, if he trades back it's because he thinks we could end up with the highest ranked player on our list at #60.

What does Bergevin know about prospects on the tail end of the 2nd round?

Reactions: bsl

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
How Timmins could not be excited by what was on the board in the 2nd, blows my mind. Rather have some extra fringe prospect instead... You could normally get guys you rank in your 1st in the 2nd. Watch the extra pick be another Houde.

Reactions: Redux91

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
How do you know we were ripped off without even knowing who we gonna pick and how they’ll pan out?
It's not even a question of names. There have been like 3-4 trades since that show how dumb it was and those trades are happening for later picks. Bergevin f***ed up big time.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I'm okay with that. But you'd better do better than a 5th rounder for it. I mean wtf?

Maybe they didn’t want to go later in the third and it was their only option to move down in the 60-65 range?

I mean, I prefer player X at 64th with the extra 5th than the same player X at 50th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad