GDT: NHL Draft 2019 Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Second round had plenty of value. What a waste of perfectly placed 2nd picks from a pure asset management perspective.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I’m not trying to sound like a broken record, but losing 14 spots in a draft - almost half an entire round - just to pick up an additional 5th is ****ing stupid.

really really makes no sense but I'll wait and see how this draft shapes up. Still you have to think they could've gotten a higher pick than that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My knowledge is pretty thin once we get into the late second. What are some names that everyone else likes.

W3K's list, some of these guys are gone:

Vladislav Firstov, Pavel Dorofeyev, Bobby Brink, Jamieson Rees, Artemi Knyazev, Michal Teply, Matthew Robertson, Nils Hoglander, Nick Robertson, Daniil Misyul, Patrik Puistola, Mikko Kokkonen, Vladislav Kolyachonok, Yegor Afanasyev, Robert Mastrisome, Daniil Gutik

Reactions: Canadienna

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Sure he is. Don't you think he asks Timmins opinion's when it comes to picks, depending on who's left on their list?

Should watch the draft footage from last year lol..

it looked like Bergevin just OUT of nowhere thought "f*** this lets make a nowhere pick swap trade" and timmins look is like "great..."

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'm fine with the Struble pick.

I still hate the trade down, I'd have rather traded it for LAK's 2020 2nd rounder or something, a 3rd and a 5th is perplexing. Again, I'll trust our scouts on this.

What is our order of picks in the 5th round now? Seems like we have 4 or 5

We have 4: 126, 131, 136, 138.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Could these analysts please SHUT THE f*** UP when teams are making their selections or announcements are being made. Jesus Christ that shit is aggravating.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Sure he is. Don't you think he asks Timmins opinion's when it comes to picks, depending on who's left on their list?

And makes those trades based on info Timmins gives him

Na, Timmins doesn't have much say. He gives his list to MB and MB manages the picks regardless of what Timmins wants. Player scouting is all on Timmins, pick management is all on MB.

So for example MB looks at the names on Timmins' list, if he trades back it's because he thinks we could end up with the highest ranked player on our list at #60 (or w/e we traded our pick for).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Canes trade 59 to the Wild for 73 and 99.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad