GDT: NHL Draft - 2015 edition - ZOMG EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING!

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Francis draft philosophy:

Just do the exact opposite of everything that JR did.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If the Canes can't get all the small men, they might as well get a Smallman

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
This off the board stuff is starting to scare me, since there still are some nice players left.

The "Nice players" is an illusion. It's all scraps at this point.

Looking back, it looks like maybe 3 or 4 guys will be better than sub-mediocre in rounds 5-7 historically.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Pilon must kill puppies in his free time.

I swear if Pilon falls to us in the 6th round, we need to take him. If he develops just a little bit we could profit and flip him for a 2nd rounder next year. If he doesn't develop at all we lost a 6th round pick, o nooooo.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
The "Nice players" is an illusion. It's all scraps at this point.

Looking back, it looks like maybe 3 or 4 guys will be better than sub-mediocre in rounds 5-7 historically.

Maybe you're right, but Ron's preference for Paradis over ranked players a few years back has me antsy.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Who cares what's wrong with Pilon. Unless he's going to jail or has a terminal disease, the chance of it being fixed seems greater than some rando making it.

Maybe your right, but Ron's preference for Paradis over ranked players a few years back has me antsy.

Did we ever get an official explanation? From what happened, it sort of looks like they made the pick for Toronto. And with JR being the GM, who knows what RF had to do with it. Certainly doesn't look like a pick he'd make based on what he's done the two years as GM.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Did we ever get an official explanation? From what happened, it sort of looks like they made the pick for Toronto. And with JR being the GM, who knows what RF had to do with it. Certainly doesn't look like a pick he'd make based on what he's done the two years as GM.

Paradis was their round 2 guy. They got caught with their pants down in round 1 and said "**** it".

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Who cares what's wrong with Pilon. Unless he's going to jail or has a terminal disease, the chance of it being fixed seems greater than some rando making it.

They talked about it after the (many thought weird) pick, and they said that RonF was really high on this guy after he saw him play at some tournament, or somewhere. Sounded like it was Ron pushing for him. His attraction this draft with the Q kinda makes sense of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad