NHL Dmen Rankings #15

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So Weber sneaks into the top 15 as Habs fans rallied to get their guy voted in. These things happen, some guys live off their past play. Anyways still a good dman. Lets get this thing back on track with the next poll as we vote for the 15th best dman. Lemme know if youwant some one added

1 TB Hedman 82% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #1
2 NASH Josi 76% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen #2
3 COLU Jones 40% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #3
4 Pieterangelo LVGK 59% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #4
5 DALL Heiskanen 39% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #5
6 WASH Carlson 26% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #6
7 CAR Slavin 40% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #7
8 COL Makar 33% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #8
9 CAR Hamilton 23% 2020 HFBoards NHL Dmen Rankings #9
10 VAN Hughes 19% 2020 NHL Dmen Rankings #10
11 BOS Macavoy 26% 2020 NHL Dmen Rankings #11
12 SJ Karlsson 19% 2020 NHL Dmen Rankings #12
13 OTT Chabot 14% 2020 NHL Dmen Rankings #13
14 MON Weber 16% NHL Dmen Rankings #14

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Is it so hard to start a poll without trying to influence it with your obviously biased and uninformed opinion in the opening post?

Weber easily should have been in the top ten, and that's not "past play". Unless you feel the 2020 playoffs counts as the past.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Is it so hard to start a poll without trying to influence it with your obviously biased and uninformed opinion in the opening post?

Weber easily should have been in the top ten, and that's not "past play". Unless you feel the 2020 playoffs counts as the past.
Absolutely not.... dont know what youve been watching these past few years, but Petry has been Montreal's best Dman, not Weber.... He did ok in the playoffs, but he was missing the net A LOT vs Philly, I remember clearly. Hes lost a step, theres no question.

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Doughty and Theodore neck in neck in votes

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Which way is it insane? Do you realize that fans outside of the Pacific have no clue?

I think it's pretty insane to take Doughty over Theodore at this point. Theodore is a wizard in transition and a solid QB in the o-zone who can hold his own defensively. Their results and their eye test are both on completely different ends of the spectrum. Doughty I believe has the ability to be a lot better than he has been but I don't think he could overtake Theodore at this point even if he were motivated every night. Not many defensemen can. Theodore is really f***ing good.

And I'm not necessarily saying they have no clue at all but I believe they let past results and reputation weigh far too heavily in their opinion.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think it's pretty insane to take Doughty over Theodore at this point. Theodore is a wizard in transition and a solid QB in the o-zone who can hold his own defensively. Their results and their eye test are both on completely different ends of the spectrum. Doughty I believe has the ability to be a lot better than he has been but I don't think he could overtake Theodore at this point even if he were motivated every night. Not many defensemen can. Theodore is really f***ing good.

And I'm not necessarily saying they have no clue at all but I believe they let past results and reputation weigh far too heavily in their opinion.

I think it's close because Theodore hasn't been at this level of offensive output for long enough. I mean even during the playoffs, Theodore passed everyone but Heiskanen in the defenseman scoring race in the middle of the second round and stayed there through the conference finals. But still the focus was on guys like Heiskanen, Hughes, and Makar. Theodore's performance was largely ignored until the conference finals.

He led a conference finalist in scoring at under a point per game but even the raw stats don't tell the whole story. Theodore's transition play and offensive zone pressure made him the most impactful player for Vegas any time he was on the ice. And as you said he was solid in his own zone as well. I'd go as far as to say that if he had been injured or sick, Vegas wouldn't have gotten past Vancouver this year.

He's absolutely in the discussion for placement here at 15 and above Doughty. Now, if we were to compare Theodore today to Doughty at his absolute best, I don't think it's a close comparison but Doughty hasn't been at his best for a while.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Petry hasn't been the Habs best D... jesus f***..

At worst, it's really close, and certainly doesn't warrant a 'jesus f***' dick response like yours...to me Jeff Petry is definitely the best overall Montreal Canadien defenseman.

Reactions: amnesiac

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
At worst, it's really close, and certainly doesn't warrant a 'jesus f***' dick response like yours...to me Jeff Petry is definitely the best overall Montreal Canadien defenseman.
He's not, and no its not close. Petry is much worse defensively and he doesn't produce more, how is he the better Dman ? Can't wrap my head around this stupidity. Still remnants of the Subban vs Weber battle I guess ?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I just don’t see how you can say a guy whose coach goes out of his way to not use him in tough defensive situations a top 15 guy in the league. Theodore is kept off the ice late in games when his team is defending leads, is never used on the PK and is kept away from other teams top lines, to the detriment of the Vegas top pairing.

Yeah he’s great at moving the puck and on the PP but he’s the definition of one dimensional.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
He's not, and no its not close. Petry is much worse defensively and he doesn't produce more, how is he the better Dman ? Can't wrap my head around this stupidity. Still remnants of the Subban vs Weber battle I guess ?
Man you're really dillusional

First you say Nick Suzuki was the best Hab all season, and now you say it's not even close between Weber and Petry.... Last season experts said Petry was their best Dman, and this year the same whether you think so or not.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

First you say Nick Suzuki was the best Hab all season, and now you say it's not even close between Weber and Petry.... Last season experts said Petry was their best Dman, and this year the same whether you think so or not.
Last year Weber missed 30 games.

This year it was clearly Weber, even "experts" seemed to think so because Shea got a top 15 Norris nod and Petry didnt get a single vote.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Is Claude Julien and Luke Richardson are considered expert ? Because Weber was still the most used player in the team and he was the one playing against other team best player. When the game was on the ice the guy that was always on the ice was Weber not Petry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad