NHL Disciplinarian | Worse: Campbell or Shanahan

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Shanny´s just having too much fun, he might not even care, is he drunk often nowadays?

I mean,
The Lucic hit on Miller=Nothing
Edler much "nicer" hit on Smith 2 games? Where?!!?! Where does one sober person see consistency in that??????
The psychopath Matt Cook cutting up The best player=nothing. Iam not alone smelling a rat anyway.
idio.......

Tim McCracken

Good loser = LOSER!
Jan 4, 2010
Jail
This would be a valid poll if either of those guys were actually making the decisions. Don't kid yourself, they weren't and aren't.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
They both suck. Shanahan looked promising for the first half of his first season, but then he got bad. In my opinion, he lost all credibility after failing to punish Weber for an obviously suspendable transgression simply because it was the playoffs and Weber was a star.

And then he suspended Giroux for a headshot later on. Whatever.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I think it's pretty clear the league hates the Canucks. They're puppets for Jeremy Jacobs and the other mega rich owners. There's almost no point in cheering for them, the league will screw them in the end.

K I'm done now...

Kip96

Feb 8, 2010
West Coast
Shanny has been just as horrible

On the radio they mentioned he sends out questionable hits to a number of sources and waits for their feedback. He never hints at his own opinion until they give theirs. Sounds like a good way to go about it but look at the results.

- Lucic nothing for intentionally running Miller, Edler 2 for trying to avoid perennial victim Smith
- 25 playoff games for Torres?
- 7 games for Keith when he had full intention to injure a star player
- Nothing for Weber for turnbuckle head smash, Nothing for Nash jumping into Kopecky's head
- NO suspension for Chara for trying to murder Patches was the worst for me. Clear intention, redtribution from a previous game, etc

Shanny's explanation's are just spin now and his credibility is lost

EDIT, just realized Chara incident was during Campbell's reign so I guess he's worse

arsmaster*

Shanahan's worse, because he was supposed to change things.

It's just more of the same.

Shanahan's big claim, is the principal point of contact trash into the rule. Guess what, you can say Nash didn't principally contact Kopecky's head, but I bet you the brunt on the contract was felt on the back of the head.

Shanahan's a joke, mostly because he was supposed to fix things. Now they just miss too much.

He's created a suspension culture in the league, and it's hurt the game. His lack of consistency only adds to it.

arsmaster*

They both suck. Shanahan looked promising for the first half of his first season, but then he got bad. In my opinion, he lost all credibility after failing to punish Weber for an obviously suspendable transgression simply because it was the playoffs and Weber was a star.

And then he suspended Giroux for a headshot later on. Whatever.

Don't forget his failure to ever warn his buddy and former teammate Kronwall from leaving his feet to hit guys in the head.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Campbell was worse because he was in the job longer, but Shanny is worse because he tries to make it look like there's some sort of process and rationality behind the decisions. It comes down to whether you find the propaganda and deceptiveness of the current regime more distasteful than the obvious crookedness and unapologetic randomness of the last one.

So, Rome? Or Keith? (of course, Campbell never made the Rome decision as he recused himself, but it was under his regime). To me, the Rome decision was the worst. The fact that they let Brian Burke, a guy with an obvious and public grudge against one of the teams involved, consult on the decision is what tips the scales. Hooray for propaganda! Also I love that Shanny renamed the department so that it can be shortened to "Dopes", and I enjoy calling them "The Ministry of Love" because of their orwellian doublespeak name. NHL supplemental discipline is doubleplusgood!

Last edited:

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
While true, Campbell's fingerprints were all over the decision IMO.
Murphy was/is still below Campbell and after CC's notorious letters there is no question how ALL NHL staff are to treat his son and his team. What a joke.

right there is why i voted campbell. i can accept incompetency to some extent, but blatant favoritism in a professional sport is totally unacceptable. wheres the integrity in the game if somebody can control the outcome of the game?

picked campbell...at least with shanahan's videos we can see the thought process that goes into a decision, whereas you'd get random screwjobs based on personal vendettas with campbell, the rome suspension being the pinnacle of them all
you may not agree with everything that shanahan says in his video, and you may not agree with his decisions, but you have to admire the fact that he at least try to rationalize his decisions, and shows (through his videos) his thought process and reasoning. he also compares each incident with the hundreds of similar incidents that happened before, so there are at least some precedents to follow.
with campbell, he just give a number and thats it, no justification, no nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad