NHL.com Trophy Tracker - Hart Trophy

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
[
ACA98852-C7A2-49B5-8583-259C4A1F0201.jpeg

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Wow, I wouldn’t even call Huberdeau the most important to his team any given year

Writers reinforcing the Hart Ross is in fact an Art Ross lite/runner up trophy

I expected Shesty to get screwed, but Matthews?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
McDavid is starting to catch fire right now, he's playing lights out and showing why he's the best player in the world.

Wouldn't be shocked if he wins the scoring race by 15-20+ points ahead of anyone not named Draisaitl.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
McDavid is starting to catch fire right now, he's playing lights out and showing why he's the best player in the world.

Wouldn't be shocked if he wins the scoring race by 15-20+ points ahead of anyone not named Draisaitl.
Yep. McDavid cooled down a bit mid-season so a few others caught up, but he's about to blow the doors off. I expect the Art Ross will be his by a decent amount, and that the debate will end up being McDavid vs Shesterkin for Hart.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yep. McDavid cooled down a bit mid-season so a few others caught up, but he's about to blow the doors off. I expect the Art Ross will be his by a decent amount, and that the debate will end up being McDavid vs Shesterkin for Hart.

His numbers are about to absolutely skyrocket with the way he's been playing.

Like I said, I wouldn't be shocked if he wins the scoring race by 15-20+ points over anyone not named Draisaitl by seasons end. Assuming he closes out the season the way he's been playing lately.

That midseason slump seems to be in the rearview mirror. He's been playing a dominant 200 foot game under Woodcroft, there's no doubt he's the best player in the world despite what some Eastern Canadian media have been trying to push.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Would be interesting to flip Gaudreau and Huberdeau and see how they would do

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
everyone knows the true owner of this trophy is Connor McDavid

all these other guys just get votes because people are tired of seeing McDavid keep it every year so Connor allows these other players to borrow his trophy every now and then

Reactions: Duke74

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
This should be a 2 horse race. Huberdeau doesn't even belong in the 2 horse race on his own team let alone the league.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
To me, if Matthews McDavid and Huberdeau are all close in points, it's the guy way out ahead in goals.

McDavid could make that interesting down the stretch re: points and I'm open to arguments for Shesterkin but I don't see the argument for Huberdeau personally.

Reactions: NHL WAR

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
To me, if Matthews McDavid and Huberdeau are all close in points, it's the guy way out ahead in goals.

McDavid could make that interesting down the stretch re: points and I'm open to arguments for Shesterkin but I don't see the argument for Huberdeau personally.

The goals AND the defense. If it's not Igor it should be Matthews. If it's not Matthews it should be Igor. No one should really be close to those 2 right now.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
The goals AND the defense.
Totally agreed.

But I'm guessing the voters are the types to be somewhat dismissive of defensive analytics so I'm trying a more basic argument that 7 more points doesn't make up for 26 fewer goals.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I'll never understand how these house leaguers at The Athletic got it in their heads that they are some kind of gold standard when it comes to NHL analysis. There's more to the game than Excel spreadsheets and flawed algorithms, Dom. Good call on the Leafs last year - your model sure killed it on that one.

what is this even referring to?

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
Huberdeau is a complete player. Good to see him getting some of the recognition he deserves.
He’s actually not a complete player at all.
I'll never understand how these house leaguers at The Athletic got it in their heads that they are some kind of gold standard when it comes to NHL analysis. There's more to the game than Excel spreadsheets and flawed algorithms, Dom. Good call on the Leafs last year - your model sure killed it on that one.
I know math is hard, but Huberdeau is a below average defensive player. The numbers don’t lie.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022

Hope so, him coming from behind to swipe the hart would be great.

Not really sure about huberdough myself, it would be a somewhat awkward pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad