News Article: NHL.com: Crosby leading Hart race at halfway point

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Well Sid and the Pens didn't win, so I'm sure he would have liked some individual trophies.

And it's not like if he wins a Hart or Ross he can't also win a Cup, even though people talk like it's one or the other.

My point is simply that I don't lose sleep about Sidney Crosby not receiving votes from the media for a trophy. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to see him get his due because I think he's rightfully "earned" a lot of those trophies, but at the end of the day I don't lose sleep over it. Again, I watch the game because I find the entertainment value to be spectacular. No Hart Trophy snub robs me of the entertainment I derived from watching the games.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
After the shmozzle last year, I have no faith in the Hart voting.

If Sid gets it, great. If not, another hack job's just par for the course.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
sid has probably led the hart trophy race at the half-way point 5 times or so already, and he only has one crummy hart to show for it.

it means nothing at this point. been there done that. i doubt sid will win the hart or art ross. history indicates we should expect the worst when it comes to sid.

ill be excited when there are like 4 games left and hes still playing.

people also shouldnt sell kane short. he has been remarkably consistent this year. where sid has gone through periods of pointlessness, kane has some amazing stats where he has like at least a point in 30 out of the last 32 games (not that exactly, but something similar indicating that he's been steadily producing at a constant rate). the chicago machine wont be slowing down, so i dont think kane will be either.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
My point is simply that I don't lose sleep about Sidney Crosby not receiving votes from the media for a trophy. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to see him get his due because I think he's rightfully "earned" a lot of those trophies, but at the end of the day I don't lose sleep over it. Again, I watch the game because I find the entertainment value to be spectacular. No Hart Trophy snub robs me of the entertainment I derived from watching the games.

I would like my favorite players to get the trophies they deserve and build their legacy. I don't lose sleep over it but I'm disappointed when they barley miss on them.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Someone will score more goals, and then win the Hart despite how Sidney Crosby performs.

Ally22

Jul 3, 2013
:handclap: Sid is also in Forbes 30 under 30, where they wrote one sentence about him along the lines of "Sidney Crosby plays hockey, and he is doing very well this year statistically." :laugh:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If for whatever reason Sid or Geno don't win it, I hope Tavares has a strong finish and takes it. I've always liked that guy...he's a lot like Sid in his demeanor and work ethic.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
sid has probably led the hart trophy race at the half-way point 5 times or so already, and he only has one crummy hart to show for it.

it means nothing at this point. been there done that. i doubt sid will win the hart or art ross. history indicates we should expect the worst when it comes to sid.

ill be excited when there are like 4 games left and hes still playing.

people also shouldnt sell kane short. he has been remarkably consistent this year. where sid has gone through periods of pointlessness, kane has some amazing stats where he has like at least a point in 30 out of the last 32 games (not that exactly, but something similar indicating that he's been steadily producing at a constant rate). the chicago machine wont be slowing down, so i dont think kane will be either.

Look who Kane has? nuff said. Crosby has a 3rd wheel (an awesome 3rd wheel that is) and a 3rd liner(Dupuis), then a 4th liner(Adams), then another 4th liner(Vitale), a few games of one of the best snipers in the game (Neal),now an AHLer(Gibbons).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Omg...

IS he?

But people on the main board think it's deserved by Getzlaf, Kane or Tavares, not this joker named Sidney Patrick Crosby, I mean really, let's be serious here, Crosby isn't even remotely deserving of it in the presence of those fine young (one somewhat grotesquely balding) gentlemen.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Omg...

IS he?

But people on the main board think it's deserved by Getzlaf, Kane or Tavares, not this joker named Sidney Patrick Crosby, I mean really, let's be serious here, Crosby isn't even remotely deserving of it in the presence of those fine young (one somewhat grotesquely balding) gentlemen.
Actually, if you look in the polls page, you'll see that Sid is running away with the Hart race on HF.

My statistical training does tell me that polls are the devil, however.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007

Sid has points in 36 of his 44 games. Kane has points in 35 of his 45 games.

Crosby definitely haven't gone any periods of pointlessness. He has only gone pointless two games in a row once this season. Kane has gone pointless in three straight games once and in two or more games three times this season.

Kane by the way only has 1 point in his last 4 games currently. He's in a cold streak right now. We'll see how long that lasts.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
In a not completely unrelated note Yahoo also did their version and includes our very own Craig Adams as an honorable mention for, and get this, the Selke trophy!

What a joke.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--nhl-midseason-awards--mvp-players---trophy-picks-204837259.html

Hahahahahahaha :D

Kopitar, Toews.... and Adams.

Now-That-is-Awesome-Balance.jpg

Michael8771*

Yeah, Sid is starting to gain separation from everyone else. Everything is happening as I've foreseen. muahhhhhhhh:laugh:

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Zajac is not exactly having the season of his life either, albeit of course a better candidate than Adams.

Would seem pretty obvious that Selke candidates from the East should be more like Bergeron, Plekanec.... even Jordan Staal considering the QOC he faces and the fact that he remains a +3 player on heavily minus team (-19).

Adams... well he is -9 on a team that is +38.
Gads.... this is bizarre.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Yeah, I honestly did not know that Hart is voted by sport writers before last season. But I do know and I couldnt care less. I red some comments from Twitter (from writers that had the vote) and its a joke, simple as that. So biased its disgusting...

Lindsay is the award that matters.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
If last year taught us anything, you only need to play hard at the end of the season to win the Hart. For Ovechkin last year, that was conviently the time when he had 3+ games against each team in the whole of the SouthEast division.

My Hart winner predictiom is John Tavares right now. Hes going strong right now, sneaking into the top 3. If the Islanders can move up in the most awful division, then he might get some of the anti-Crosby vote unified. As we've seen in the past.. that anti-Crosby vote is much larger then the population of rational thinking adults.

sanitysrequiem

Nov 14, 2009
I read this same article in 2010/11, and then again last year. Not getting my hopes up.

Many of you seem to dismiss the credibility of the Hart. Which is fine, I don't think its themost impartial or fair of awards either. But if you care about Crosbys legacy at all you would want him to win it. For some reason the Hart holds huge weight in discussing a players legacy and his dominance of the sport years down the line. I can visualise a young brat 10 years from now saying how Ovi was better in the 2013 season because he won the Hart and other idiots nodding in agreement.

We all know how good Sid is. But the simple fact is that he won't get recognised for it as much as he shoiod . by now he should have 4 or 5 Harts instead of 1, and possibly more Art Rosses. But it didn't happen and it sucks.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I read this same article in 2010/11, and then again last year. Not getting my hopes up.

Many of you seem to dismiss the credibility of the Hart. Which is fine, I don't think its themost impartial or fair of awards either. But if you care about Crosbys legacy at all you would want him to win it. For some reason the Hart holds huge weight in discussing a players legacy and his dominance of the sport years down the line. I can visualise a young brat 10 years from now saying how Ovi was better in the 2013 season because he won the Hart and other idiots nodding in agreement.

We all know how good Sid is. But the simple fact is that he won't get recognised for it as much as he shoiod . by now he should have 4 or 5 Harts instead of 1, and possibly more Art Rosses. But it didn't happen and it sucks.

I have read some of these mouth breathers 'justify' their votes and they can not even agree as to what they are voting on. Half think that it is a league MVP award, half think that it is most valuable to a player's team.

I would not trust these guys with anything, and certainly would not give any weight to anything that they voted on. They have a collective IQ in the single digits.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
For some reason the Hart holds huge weight in discussing a players legacy and his dominance of the sport years down the line.

The reason is that this is pretty much the only thing Ovechkin fanboys/Crosby haters have left to defend their opinion that Ovi is better than Crosby. It's the only remaining argument aside from that goals are worth about seven times as much as assists.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
When Sid lost the Hart to a Sedin, I sort of was curious about the awards credibility, but that year it sort of could have gone either way. When he lost last year, I realized it's just a steaming pile of **** that doesn't mean anything. When a guy misses that much time and it takes the league until the last week of the season to catch him...he was the best player in the league...bar none. And if Sid didn't win it, John Tavares should have. And Ryan Suter should have a Norris on his mantle...and it's not even close.

Last year's NHL awards were a complete abortion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad